From the bottom string up its a 3-3-5-5-4-3 G-minor chord, I had a chord in mind a while ago but for the life of me I can't remember how to play it. What is this chord I'm looking for?? It sounds like a big conquest or something like you'd see in the Hobbit movie, something crazy cool like that. It sounds so relieving, please please please, if you know anything about guitar chords or have one sitting next to you, pick it up and help a friend out! I don't know much about chords, any help is great. Thank you!
What you have tabbed there is a C minor chord, not Gm.

Try Db, try F, try Ab, try Eb
those should give you some pleasing sounds played after a Cm, to kick off a progression
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Last edited by Hydra150 at Apr 2, 2013,
Quote by ciano16
the conquest/victorious sounds are usually dorian tones. look up a dorian mode chord progression.

After about half an hour of researching this dorian mode online, I can say I have no idea what is going on at all. I'm going to look into understanding chords and all of this sometime soon and hopefully start to understand it a lot better. You wouldn't happen to know how to progress the Cm/G to a chord with the top note G using a dorian method? If you did I would be more than grateful. Thanks again
The dorian thing is pretty irrelevant.
If it makes you feel better, the F major chord has that dorian note in it.
Quote by Hydra150
The dorian thing is pretty irrelevant.
If it makes you feel better, the F major chord has that dorian note in it.

I'm looking for a specific fingering kinda, the top note is G i just can't figure out the notes in between em and it goes straight from that chord I mentioned before. I can remember playing it before but for now I just really wanna figure out the sound of it. It's driving me bonkers
I'm not really sure what you're saying here.
You should learn some of the notes on the fretboard and refresh your knowledge of chords. A little bit of theory would help too, just so that you can express yourself more clearly.
Quote by Hydra150
I'm not really sure what you're saying here.
You should learn some of the notes on the fretboard and refresh your knowledge of chords. A little bit of theory would help too, just so that you can express yourself more clearly.

Ain't that the truth. Well I'll keep on fingering this one till I find something I'm happy with. Any recommendations on how to get started on learning chords and how they work?