https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7EcT5YzKhQ

I hope this is the right place to post this, not sure where else it would go. I just really want to share it with somebody, as nobody I show seems to enjoy it as much as I do. It's a collaborative album with Yo-Yo Ma, Edgar Meyer, Chris Thile and Stuart Duncan. They blend classical, bluegrass, Americana, jazz, east coast fiddle, everything, into one big instrumental orgy. First time I listened to it, Yo-Yo Ma was the only name I had heard, but since listening to them I've acquired at least one more recording from each of them. Chris Thile is a godly mandolin player, and has a wicked bluegrass album with Michael Dawes. Edgar Meyer has become one of my favourite bass players and does a few other records with Yo-Yo Ma. Stuart Duncan is an excellent violinist who has really opened my ears as far as classical and violin/fiddle music.

I really can't say enough good things about these guys together, this is what I think music is supposed to be. It's experimental, adventurous and overall just different. This video doesn't do them justice, you really should check out the full album. It's given me such an appreciation for these instruments and definitely invited me into new genres. So I guess just check them out, or discuss the musicians individually!
Last.fm So you can make fun of my taste in music
Youtube So you can make fun of my videos
Oh I agree I discovered this a year ago and had a solid phase of just listening to that perfect album. So good.
It's a mandolin. i was playing my friend's earlier this week, they're super fun instruments, I'd love to get one.
Last.fm So you can make fun of my taste in music
Youtube So you can make fun of my videos