I've been playing guitar for about a year now, but my amp broke and I want a different one. It's for homeplaying only, I'm not in a band or something. It needs to have alright distortion.

Most low budget amps I have played have that kind of annoying buzz on it. That cheap annoying unclear sound. Then I played a 150 euros tube amp and it sounded amazing (blackstar HT1) but it's sold out now and it was a sale. The Kirk Hammett sig amp was pretty decent too. Do you guys have some more recomendations? Price shouldn't go far beyond 100EUR.

Edit: I think the Line 6 spider15watt amp is pretty crappy. The Kirk amp was a Randall.
Last edited by KevinDG at Apr 3, 2013,
Given the low budget are you prepared to buy a preowned amp?

(Pre-warning you are going to hear a lot of 'you aren't going to be able to get a good amp for 100EUR' talk)
Current Gear
-----------------
Washburn WI66 Pro //
Ibanez Prestige SA1260 //
Schecter C1 Blackjack //
Fernandes Ravelle Elite //
Wahburn HB35 Semi-Hollowbody
Blackstar HT40
buy a roland cube amp, really nice sounding amp that has multi effects and distortions, comes in various amp model sizes...check'em out
what type of tones are you after? some of the cheaper modellers (vox mini3, roland cube) are alright if you don't need much volume. if you only need vintage tones you can probably get a tube amp for 100 euros...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by barnesybaby
Given the low budget are you prepared to buy a preowned amp?

(Pre-warning you are going to hear a lot of 'you aren't going to be able to get a good amp for 100EUR' talk)

Dunno yet.. I have been looking into it but the amp I currently have was second hand too and well.. it broke in a few months.

Add. details: I mainly play Metal. Metallica, Megadeth, Rammstein, a7x (inb4 not methulz) stuff like that. I want to rock out as loud as possible, but I do have neighbours.
Peavey Vypyr 30

Great practice amp lots of diff sounds for metal and it has a 12" speaker you might need to go used, they run $200 new in the USA
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
^ yeah i haven't tried them but the vypyrs are probably worth a look. you have to go up to the 30/40 watt roland cubes (which are the other good choice for higher gain cheaper/practice modellers) to get the ones with the nicer amp models, whereas even the cheaper vypyrs have amp modelling- albeit they have fewer features and smaller speakers than the dearer/bigger vypyrs, but they're not just as handicapped as the smaller cubes which are meh at best IMO.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
If you can pick up a used Roland cube 30 I think it would be perfect for you. And they are pretty much bomb-proof so used should not be a problem.
"I didn't mean to kill nobody ... I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord." RL Burnside.

"I won't waste my love on a nation" BRMC
Thanks, I'll look into all these amps.

What does it mean if an amp has one channel..?
it can mean a couple of things... normally (in the modern sense of the word) it means you can only dial in the one sound at a time, that you can't footswitch between two very different sounds- clean and distorted, say.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?