Page 1 of 3
I was in Guitar Center this past weekend demo-ing some pedals. The sales guy told me about a Mad Professor pedal called the "1" and he told me I had to try it...everybody who has was blown away. I already knew of the Golden Cello but have never heard of the 1 pedal. Its pretty much the same thing as the Cello but instead of delay it has built in reverb just for toying with it for a few minutes. If it weren't for the fact I'm saving up for a down payment on a sexy Scion FR-S I would've shelled out the $200 for it.

But my question is...

Why can't I find any info on it...

Anywhere???
Quote by JBailey23
I was in Guitar Center this past weekend demo-ing some pedals. The sales guy told me about a Mad Professor pedal called the "1" and he told me I had to try it...everybody who has was blown away. I already knew of the Golden Cello but have never heard of the 1 pedal. Its pretty much the same thing as the Cello but instead of delay it has built in reverb just for toying with it for a few minutes. If it weren't for the fact I'm saving up for a down payment on a sexy Scion FR-S I would've shelled out the $200 for it.

But my question is...

Why can't I find any info on it...

Anywhere???

Because you were probably getting trolled big time. Never heard of 'the one'. Sounds like utter bullshit on GC part.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Unless it was a GC exclusive like they usually do with some manufacturers...don't get me wrong I was impressed by it. I'll snap some pics next time I'm over there.
I think it's a crock, the MP website was updated not that long ago and there is no mention of a "1" pedal and they list all their pedals and the store exclusive ones, as the Golden Cello is exclusive to GC and MusiciansFriend, I think buddy was jerking your chain or something.
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Quote by ne14t
I think it's a crock, the MP website was updated not that long ago and there is no mention of a "1" pedal and they list all their pedals and the store exclusive ones, as the Golden Cello is exclusive to GC and MusiciansFriend, I think buddy was jerking your chain or something.

Unless I'm misreading, the OP is claiming to have personally, physically handled it?

Pics or it's a used tubescreamer clone...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
Unless I'm misreading, the OP is claiming to have personally, physically handled it?

Pics or it's a used DS-1 painted green...

+1

ftfy
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
I think I've seen it somewhere on the Internet; can't recall where, though.
I'm Mitch, I like making guitar and bass gear reviews/comparisons on YouTube
YouTube

I play bass in an instrumental band called Beyond the Woods
Facebook
Twitter
Are you sure it wasn't an Apil Fools' joke?
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Played it, tweaked the knobs, saw the box, looked at the screen as he pulled it up in the system...(because even then I wasn't sure). Like I say, next time I'm over there I'll snap some pictures of it. Very strange unless this is an uber-new pedal. FYI its at the GC in Shreveport, Louisiana.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Are you sure it wasn't an Apil Fools' joke?

Had to be.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
Next time you go to GC, don't be on drugs?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Sure it wasn't one of these?

http://www.mpamp.com/pedal/pedals-ssr.htm

http://www.mpamp.com/pedal/pedals-bodd.htm

Make sure to take a picture next time
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I think I found it. Was it this?

Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Lolz
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by ibanezguitars44
Sure it wasn't one of these?

http://www.mpamp.com/pedal/pedals-ssr.htm

http://www.mpamp.com/pedal/pedals-bodd.htm

Make sure to take a picture next time

Negative...the pedal was like an amber color so definitely not that.

I guess I'll go tonight to prove you guys wrong. Challenge accepted.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Negative. It had the reverb combined in there. I've done made my mind up that I'm going to pick up the Golden Cello this evening but I'm gonna get the guys to get the 1 back out. Pics will hopefully be up about 5-6 hours from now.
Quote by JBailey23
Negative. It had the reverb combined in there. I've done made my mind up that I'm going to pick up the Golden Cello this evening but I'm gonna get the guys to get the 1 back out. Pics will hopefully be up about 5-6 hours from now.

At this point to be honest I'm sort of hoping for your sake that you can get pictures, because I can only imagine the raft of crap you're going to get if you can't...

“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
At this point to be honest I'm sort of hoping for your sake that you can get pictures, because I can only imagine the raft of crap you're going to get if you can't...

Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Is he died?

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by JBailey23
Good news is I got my golden cello.

Bad news is that the effects guy hustled the 1 so much this past week that they sold it.

I still find it really hard to believe that any GC would try and sell a pedal that basically doesn't exist.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
Is it possible that is just what the guy called it because he didn't want to say the full model name?

Like calling a boss me 70 a 70
Quote by rander7917
Is it possible that is just what the guy called it because he didn't want to say the full model name?

Like calling a boss me 70 a 70

It might've been...but the logo on the front was just the number 1. Idk y'all. I'm still betting on the fact that its just a super new pedal because even they had just got it.
This has to be it

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/boss-fdr-1-fender-deluxe-reverb-pedal

It has overdrive and reverb, and has "1" in the name. Has to be it. Has to. HAS.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
lol. how conveniently they sold it He goes back and says wheres that kewl pedal & they
I'm gonna keep my eyes peeled for it again. Ever since that store opened back in February I'm over there almost every other weekend. We'll just have to see.
Page 1 of 3