Hey all

Bought an Ibanez project guitar this weekend that needs a complete rewire. The pick ups that are in it are not original. They are from an Epiphone of some type. Stamped Epiphone on the back with the R for the bridge and F for the neck. On the back of each they have the same sticker that says........

57 CH (G)
Dot Neck Bridge
Lp Neck
BHK

They appear to be wax potted, and the covers are soldered on.

I am not expecting them to be comparable to a set of Gibson 57 classics, but has anyone had any experience with them? I am debating whether to keep them or go for the SD JB/59 combo.

I mostly play straight up, loud, in your face rock like Motorhead.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09
They are the cheaper asian counterpart to the US made Gibson pups

How do they sound to your ears....?
if you like them - keep 'em
if you don't like their sound - change 'em
Quote by paruwi
How do they sound to your ears....?
if you like them - keep 'em
if you don't like their sound - change 'em

They are not wired in yet and the neck is not on, so I have not had a chance to try them. Just looking for some opinions on them before I do.
Quote by GOLDIE93
They are not wired in yet and the neck is not on, so I have not had a chance to try them. Just looking for some opinions on them before I do.

many people will tell you they're sounding 'muddy' even if they never owned a guitar with those pickups.....

I have those pickups on some of my Epis - and I like them...

nonetheless the Burstbuckers on my Gibson sounds better - to my ears - and with my equipment....

let YOUR ears make the decision
I plan to install them anyway, so we'll see what happens. To be honest, I like the sound out of my Epi g400, so it's not like I'm a tone snob or anything.

It's an EX370FM that I picked up for $100.00 so the less $ I spend the better.