So i sold my 6505+ head. I'll miss it dearly. I'll probably buy another one at some point, but right now its not what i need and it was sitting around looking sad . Also i got the price i paid for it and someone had stolen the Footswitch lead. a surprisingly costly lead.

So i wanted less gain, but still enough gain. Different gain. More british gain. Gain that enjoys Tea. and also a good clean channel. Yeah.

So i went on teh ebay hunt and returned with this.

Its a (terrible photo with trousers in the background drying off) Hiwatt Higain 100! Hi!

First off, thsi looks a real nice build. The pull toggles (the white knobs) feel really sturdy, all the knobs fit great, its surprisingly light but still feels durable, the handle is nice and adds the toanz and the on and standby switches feel like im switching something powerful on.

Now that the important parts are out the way, The clean channel is great! Really really great! A lot of tones available. From squeaky clean to big bassy cleans with a lot of body, funky, choppy high treble cleans and gritty, dirty bluesy/indie tones with alot of bite. Sounds like a fantastic platform for pedals. Im gunna run my turbo rat and devi ever in it and its gunna sound disgusting. In a really good way.

I was massivley surprised by the gain. Alot more than i thought. the high gain mode has big, tight balls on it. Not tight enough for metalcore but tight enough to drop tune and play big riffs on. Also gets pretty dark and fuzzy for doom. Maybe not the best amp for shreddy solos but has a load of sustain and openness about it. The normal gain channel is alot more open and a bit more traditional hi watt. Sounds great for big ringing chords and lead work. again alot of scope is covered despite the control panel being so simple. The gain knob on this actually work properly, It goes from subtle to lots of gain and everything inbetween. Unlike the 6505+ which goes from "more than enough gain" to "seriously this much gain?". Oh and it has a master volume, which keeps everyone in my house happy.

Only problems? Max out the reverb and its noisy. The reverb is nice but maybe not enough for some people. It's very subtle but in a good way. It adds enough body to your tone without being too extreme, but you won't get long reverb drenched passages out of it. Lucky enough my m13 does all of that.
Also im not sure if i love the V30s paired with it. I'll try some other speakers.

Also it is a bit buzzy at low volumes. The buzz is consisten throughout in volume though, so when you turn it up it doesnt get louder. But then again it's 100 watts. Its meant to be played loud.

All in all im fairly certain i wuldnt have found a better amp for £415 in brand new condition. Except it doesnt have a footswitch, What is life?
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Cooooooooooooooooooool
Guitars:
Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Gretsch G5120
1973 Japanese Les Paul

Amp:
Vox AC30C2

Effects:
MJM Brit Bender MKII tonebender clone
Boss Blues-Driver
Fulltone Clyde Standard Wah
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Catalinbread Echorec
Quote by RGallagherFan
Cooooooooooooooooooool

Definitely a cool/10 amp.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

Don't see a lot of Hiwatt NADs around here.

Congrats.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Holy shit, you got that for £415? I'm looking in all the wrong places.

HNAD
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Yeah. Some Russian guy outbid me, but the didn't pay (nobody wants to get paid in rubles, empty vodka bottles and snow comrade) so I got it on second chance.
Quote by ZanasCross

yeah, 415 is crazy. i'd snatch a hiwatt for 650 usd anytime. great amp dude, any idea what year it is? wouldn't mind some gut shots.

punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
No idea. I don't think it's the made in the uk one Unfortunatley . However it still sounds the goods do that doesn't bother me. I'll try and get some. Don't know if the wiring is on par with the DRs but I'm sure it's high quality!
Quote by ZanasCross

The Hi Gain's aren't made in the UK, but for that price, and if it sounds good. Who cares.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Quote by SimplyBen
The Hi Gain's aren't made in the UK, but for that price, and if it sounds good. Who cares.

Exactly. But the first bunch were made in the UK. Only a few, then production was moved to china.
Quote by ZanasCross

Love me some Hiwatt! HNAD!

Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
Damn son, that amp has some class.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Replacing the reverb driver with a JJ ECC803 may fix your reverb noise problem. Tell me which model number is it exactly and I'll look it up for you.

And HNAD.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I was at a point where I was going to buy this, but didn't because I couldn't try it.

HNAD! Gotta love Hiwatt.
Hiwatts broken. 3 practice sessions. They're coming to pick it up on Friday.
Quote by ZanasCross

Don't worry. Hiwatt are fixing it up for me and sending it back all fresh
Quote by ZanasCross

Holy crap, lucky motherfucker. You got a Hiwatt and I'm stuck with a cheap ss (albeit a decent sounding one). Lucky bastard. Ah well , my time will come one day. HNAD friend.
My Name is Cameron.
Quote by Cathbard
For me, bedroom levels is a cranked plexi half stack.

Now get off my ****ing lawn.

Quote by cliff_em_all
Hiwatts broken. 3 practice sessions. They're coming to pick it up on Friday.

Oooooh that sucks. Hopefully it will be back in working condition soon.
My Name is Cameron.
Quote by Cathbard
For me, bedroom levels is a cranked plexi half stack.

Now get off my ****ing lawn.

I've been GAS'ing for a Hi Gain 50 for ages, mucho jealous!

Gibson Les Paul Traditional Satin
Fender 72' Thinline Telecaster
Fender Am Telecaster
Bad Cat HotCat 30R

Korg Pitchblack
Xotic BB Preamp
TC Flashback X4
Strymon Timeline
EHX POG 2
JHS Double Barrel