I'm looking into upgrading amps soon. as of right now im really mainly looking into the orange micro terror head. I've watched videos on it and read all the reviews everyone seems to love it.

The main reason I am looking at this is because I would like to get the micro terror amp head and the 8 inch cab. to use as a practice amp at home, and then get a larger cabinet to leave in the band room where our band gets together to practice and just use this micro terror amp head to power the larger cabinet for band practice and just jamming with friends. This way I wouldn't have to worry about the hassle of a heavy amp or even a cabinet when I got from home to the band room. I've read that people use these for small gigs and indoor venues. The question I have is, would this be a reasonable decision to make and would it have enough power to play with a drum set.

Thank you in advance for your time.

My current gear I would be using with this is a les paul standard, boss ds1 distortion pedal, and a digi-tech super chorus pedal.
Generally, I really like the idea that you have. Small cab at home for practice and a bigger cab with the band. That said, I'm not a huge fan of the Micro Terror and an 8" speaker concept. Just not sure I could handle that tone at home alone.

Sooooooo - play our little game instead so we can be sure this is the right choice for you:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=31052894&postcount=2
Unless your drummer is a spider monkey there's no way in hell that it will keep up and sound half decent.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
What would you suggest that I could use in the same way or would you suggest something totally different. I'm open to any suggestions.
budget:300-400

Type music: anything from rock to metal, favorite guitarists are Dan Donegan(disturbed), and mark tremonti(creed) I would like decent cleans but its not my main concern

im fine with new or used but would prefer new

it will be used for home practice and playing with a drummer

closest city is Greensboro, NC

My current gear I would be using with this is a epiphone les paul standard, boss ds1 distortion pedal, and a digi-tech super chorus pedal
Wait....were you going to get a Micro Terror and 2 cabs for $400?

Is $400 your top end budget? What amp do you use now? Are you using your DS1 for your Donegan tones now?

(PS. Not knocking you at all. Love Dan D and the DS1 is not that bad at all actually)
Vyper Tube 60. Stick it on a milk crate and it will keep up with a band no probs. You'd have to mod a jack into it to run it into a bigger cab though. That's right isn't it 311? No ext speaker jack?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Apr 3, 2013,
I havnt been playin any disturbed yet im not at that skill level, my plan would be to get a used peavey 5150 cab my friend has for the larger cab, im lookin at othe amps now tho, i didnt really want a modeling amp, i like the peavey bandit.
A Vyper Tube will kick a Bandit's arse. The 6505 power amp in the Vyper Tube really takes the curse off it being a modeller. Go give one a try.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Im gonna try to go to guitar centerthis weekend and a couple other locally owned shops and try some out
If you have a cab to use, look at the Peavey Ultra head. If you want small, I just bought a Krank 1980Jr 20 watt. It is loud enough for a band and they only run $300ish used. The Krank RevJr or Kstein Jr is probably more your flavor.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
A little Krank is a good suggestion. A Mesa Mini Rec would be the go, but sadly way over budget.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Another question for you guys, i like the peavey valve king 112 also but ive heard of alot of problems with these amps.
To the contrary they are actually pretty solid amps. I owned one. Yes, they are made in China. The biggest complaint with these amps is that the stock speaker completely sucks. Also, people complain that they don't have enough usable gain for modern metal. Upgrade the speaker and tubes and run an OD boost and EQ pedal and it is quite the contender.
If you like the Orange sound... why not just get the Tiny Terror, instead? You could easily get a used one in that range, and it'd be much louder than the Micro Terror. Just don't expect great cleans at band levels
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Does the peavey vypyr tube 60w have a manual setting or are you required to choose one of the amps it gives you and adjust your tone from there