I have a Krank Rev Jr. 20 watt amp, (not the pro model), and there is something wrong with it but I don't know what it is. I just replaced the tubes, from Sovteks, to 2 GrooveTube 6V6, and then 3 Tung-Sol 12AX7's to fix the problem before but now it came back. Somewhere in the last couple weeks, my amp has gone from a destructive sounding beast, to a thin flat, annoying buzz. When I first turn my amp on, the tone sounds like pure garbage. I've played with new cables, w/, w/out pedals, and replaced pedal batteries. I let it warm up for 20 minutes, still sounds like crap. But somewhere between 10 and 20 minutes of the jam, it pops, and all of a sudden, sounds amazing again. Does anyone know what causes this and how to fix it?
What is the full code on the 6V6's. Without the entire code there's no way to know what you've put in there because Groove Tubes rebrand all sorts of shit.
Personally I think TungSol reissues are thin sounding and I'd never use just them but they shouldn't change that much as they warm up.

It's possible that your tubes are simply not seated properly. Pull them out and plug them back in again. Spray some contact cleaner on the pins as well if you have some.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I was just messing around with the tone knobs, and for some reason, when I dump the treble knob, it fixes it. I can go from shitty tone to awesome tone, or stop the shitty tone from happening when it starts to buzz and go in and out by turning the treble knob to 0 and back up. So do you think it's still the tubes or maybe something in the electronics?
Also the full code on the tubes are 6V6GT's. I have two of those and 3 Tung-Sol 12AX7's.
Quote by KyleEmAll
I was just messing around with the tone knobs, and for some reason, when I dump the treble knob, it fixes it. I can go from shitty tone to awesome tone, or stop the shitty tone from happening when it starts to buzz and go in and out by turning the treble knob to 0 and back up. So do you think it's still the tubes or maybe something in the electronics?

Does the knob feel funny at all?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Bring it in for a check, I suspect one of the transistors' died. I had the Pro model and I faced similar problems, but in my case, my volume also cut out.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by R45VT
Does the knob feel funny at all?

What do you mean? Does it twist funny?
Quote by ragingkitty
Bring it in for a check, I suspect one of the transistors' died. I had the Pro model and I faced similar problems, but in my case, my volume also cut out.

Where did you take yours in to get it fixed?
Quote by KyleEmAll
Where did you take yours in to get it fixed?

Any fairly competent amp tech should be able to identify the problem part. I'm in Singapore so that won't be of any hep to you.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Quote by ragingkitty
Any fairly competent amp tech should be able to identify the problem part. I'm in Singapore so that won't be of any hep to you.

Singapore you say? I did not know that. I've done a lot of business there with ABB and we have a family friend from Singapore. I don't know that I could live amongst that many people, but I'd really like to do the 'tourist' thing sometime instead of business trips.

“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
^

You mean APB?

Singapore's a nice place to visit, but as you did mention, it's people everywhere. Do give a shout if you're ever down for a trip, Arby.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Quote by ragingkitty
^

You mean APB?

Singapore's a nice place to visit, but as you did mention, it's people everywhere. Do give a shout if you're ever down for a trip, Arby.

http://www.abb.com.sg/abbuniversity

I'll be sure to do that, and thanks!
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
http://www.abb.com.sg/abbuniversity

I'll be sure to do that, and thanks!

Dang, I was hoping for some free beer.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Quote by ragingkitty
Dang, I was hoping for some free beer.

Gotta admit, I like Tiger beer!
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
Gotta admit, I like Tiger beer!

We'll go for the tour when you're down?

Annnnd we have officially derailed the thread.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )