Hey guys, so I'm looking around for a new speaker for my Blues Deluxe and was hoping to get some guidance. This is purely for experimentation purposes and not because I'm dissatisfied with my tone. The stock speaker is actually quite nice. But speakers being my grey area, I'd like to experiment around with maybe a few different ones and see what I can pull off with them.

Budget - approximately $200

Genres - anything from John Mayer, Hendrix, Pink Floyd type clean tones to gritty Black
Keys fuzz and dirt tones.

Location - Australia, overseas shipping not a worry though

New or used - Either, I don't mind.

Current gear - Squier J Masic Jazzmaster - bunch of pedals - Fender Blues Deluxe.

I guess I'm after something with a nice bass and mid range response. Any suggestions will be considered.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Check out Weber http://www.tedweber.com/
Ibanez RGT6 EXFX
Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Slash Goldtop Les Paul
Carvin DC-135
Washburn G-5V
Taylor 214CEG

EVH 5150 III
Peavey 6505+
Line 6 Flextone III
50s Valco Supro
Quote by Cathbard

I remember you showing me those guys ages ago. Will check them out.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
They're made in the old Plessey/Rola factory in Port Melbourne. The old head engineer bought the factory when Plessey went broke and turned it into a boutique speaker factory. They're awesome speakers.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
On the cheap side too. Will definitely be at the top of my list to check out.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
That clip of my 18W'er in the modelling thread is going through one of the 30W versions if you want to hear one in action.

Edit. To save you digging through that painful thread, here's the link:
http://cathbard.com/files/sibly.mp3
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Apr 3, 2013,
Warehouse? Get some Jensen copies? I like Eminence. Swamp Thang is dark, but nice and big and clean.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly

i haven't tried them, but they are made in the US, and speakers are relatively heavy, shipping them to australia would probably eat up the savings from cheaper speakers.

webers may be worth the shipping though. he makes some top quality speakers. i had problems dealing with them on other things (not speakers), just an FYI, but it seems that most people are very satisfied.

actually i have never heard of another person who did have a problem.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Cathbard

they're probably awesome, but they're all greenback clones from the look of it. does he want a greenback clone? I'd prefer something american-voiced in a fender-style amp, but that's just me (and to be fair, plenty of players like celestions in fenders).

out of what i've tried, i'd say eminence red, white and blues for what eppicurt wants. But they may not be a sensible price in australia. EDIT: scratch that, texas heat. Again, assuming easily available in Australia.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
WGS Reaper HP/Reaper 55hz
Both are G12h30 type speakers the Reaper 55hz is 30 watts and similar to the g12h30 heritage. The Reaper HP is a 50 watt G12h30 type speaker both are <$80 USD new and WGS will ship to Au.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
+1 the texas heats, I just put Legends in my twin and was considering the texas heats
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
Thanks everyone who suggested something.

I think I'm going to try a creamback first, they have my curiosity peaked. But I've definitely got a list together for some other speakers to try. Should be interesting.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Buy Australian, you mug.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire