I got a fake Chinese esp from a friend.. its a copy of the ec-1000... anyhow I decided to make a project out of it... basically what im doing.. is wiring a emg81 in the bridge leaving the fake emg in the neck but taping it off so its just there too look good.. also the 2nd vol. will be there too look good.. the tone im not sure yet about that.. pretty much im wiring one pickup and a vol pot.. I don't have the quick connect so everything is being soldered..other then the tone cuz im not sure if I should use it or not.. I want to use the pickup switch as a killswitch.. but I cant seem to get it too work... right now I have it soldered to the vol pot like it should be.. but when hitting the switch it does nothing.. im at the bridge pickup no matter what I do with the switch.. how do I get it to turn off???? and should I use the tone at all???
I'm not too sure what switch you have... but it sounds like it could either be soldered to the middle solder connection (if you have three) or you could be bypassing the switch altogether?
Pics would help a lot, but essentially you should have pickup->volume->one of the solder connections on the switch->output
Ur gonna fry your EMG...
Ibanez RGT6 EXFX
Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Slash Goldtop Les Paul
Carvin DC-135
Washburn G-5V
Taylor 214CEG

EVH 5150 III
Peavey 6505+
Line 6 Flextone III
50s Valco Supro
ur missin a ground
<Insert Witty Comment Here>

1981 Fender Lead I Seymour Duncan humbucker, Mesa BoogieIIIRectifer, MKIIRhodes,PRS
yes I figured that out thanks lol.. still wondering how this is going to fry anything though????
Disregard, if your using the pup switch to just open the circuit it shouldn't do any harm. I was thinking of how I wired my Strat's killswitch to jumper the output jack leads so it shorts the signal to gnd. Not a safe method for active pups. Good luck and sorry for the poor response earlier.
Ibanez RGT6 EXFX
Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Slash Goldtop Les Paul
Carvin DC-135
Washburn G-5V
Taylor 214CEG

EVH 5150 III
Peavey 6505+
Line 6 Flextone III
50s Valco Supro