Hey,
This is our first original song. Would love to hear some feedback and see what people think about it

Devil Eyes

Thanks for listening to it and any criticism,
Mark
Last edited by Bigets at Apr 12, 2013,
Wow, Cool man, going for it huh?

Really cool relaxed but rocky sound. Great tones on all instruments. Nice twin guitar.

The riff was a bit repetitive and vocal hook also. The verses maybe a bit long without progression. Maybe harmonise the riff. Drummer is a bit off sonetimes.

You guys need backing vocals. Check out a band Trapped in Kansas who do a capella. Rock it up a bit. Singer needs to be more passionate in the choruses. Keep it simple and melody based.

If i had my marketing hat on, id say have more of a rock n roll sound and image to avoid the here today gone tomorrow indie thing. Singer needs to own it physically, andlook better than the black strat guitarist.. dye his hair dark!

Irelands dying out for their next major rock band. Im sure you guys could be it. Godspeed!
Last edited by Sir-Shredalot at Apr 4, 2013,
Quote by Sir-Shredalot
Wow, Cool man, going for it huh?

Really cool relaxed but rocky sound. Great tones on all instruments. Nice twin guitar.

The riff was a bit repetitive and vocal hook also. The verses maybe a bit long without progression. Maybe harmonise the riff. Drummer is a bit off sonetimes.

You guys need backing vocals. Check out a band Trapped in Kansas who do a capella. Rock it up a bit. Singer needs to be more passionate in the choruses. Keep it simple and melody based.

If i had my marketing hat on, id say have more of a rock n roll sound and image to avoid the here today gone tomorrow indie thing. Singer needs to own it physically, andlook better than the black strat guitarist.. dye his hair dark!

Irelands dying out for their next major rock band. Im sure you guys could be it. Godspeed!

Thanks for the critique
We have been telling the singer that he needs to get more into the music and express himself. That was recorded around a month ago and he is slowly starting to gain confidence!
We do plan on re- recording this for our EP and to tweak it a little bit. We will be adding harmonies because the two guitarists are pretty good at singing

I'l show the rest of the lads this and see what they think.
Thanks again for listening. Really appreciate it!
Not bad lads, Not really an Indie man myself, but this isnt to bad.

I personally think that during the chorus, the guitars are playing a bit too high up, maybe have the rhythm guitarist play lower and add a tiny bit of distortion to beef up the sound. Sounds quite treble-y. But I suppose thats just my opinion.

Liking the outro.

Crit back please? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1596497
Quote by Skint Out
Not bad lads, Not really an Indie man myself, but this isnt to bad.

I personally think that during the chorus, the guitars are playing a bit too high up, maybe have the rhythm guitarist play lower and add a tiny bit of distortion to beef up the sound. Sounds quite treble-y. But I suppose thats just my opinion.

Liking the outro.

Crit back please? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1596497

Thanks very much!
This isn't out usual set up. We went to a studio we weren't familiar with and used other peoples amps and stuff so it wasn't our true tones and stuff. In the recorded version there is distortion and stuff in the chorus. I can link you that if you''d like?

I'l check it out now!
The first thing I'm thinking is that I like the riff you guys used in this. The guitars taking the higher ends leaves a lot for that nice, thick bass sound you have.

The criticism I would give is that the chorus does feel a bit empty. I would recommend getting the drummer to go to the ride instead of the toms in that, it has potential to be very catchy but I think the drums need to be far more powerful in that section.

Otherwise, very well done, a good song, everybody has their place in it which is good. Reminds me of Paramore slightly, infused with something like Bastille. Good job, and thanks for the comments on mine
Quote by BladeSlinger
Oh God I lol'ed

Quote by Ēzio

Would you like to see my Soundcloud?
I love Padgea7x
Quote by Hakoon1
The first thing I'm thinking is that I like the riff you guys used in this. The guitars taking the higher ends leaves a lot for that nice, thick bass sound you have.

The criticism I would give is that the chorus does feel a bit empty. I would recommend getting the drummer to go to the ride instead of the toms in that, it has potential to be very catchy but I think the drums need to be far more powerful in that section.

Otherwise, very well done, a good song, everybody has their place in it which is good. Reminds me of Paramore slightly, infused with something like Bastille. Good job, and thanks for the comments on mine

Thanks very much for the comments. Glad you like the song!
We'll be re- recording this song for our EP so all criticism is being taken on board

Oh and no problem!
Sounds Epic!!
Really awesome sound, mix, playing, and writing!
The chorus was kinda empty, like it was missing something, wasnt powerful as it should be.
Another thing is the whole song was kinda dry, missing some reverb or maybe even some delay, just to make things sound bigger, to make up for the song's simplicity.
Oh and also the rhythm guitar was kinda low volume in the mix.
Quote by ThoriumEx
Sounds Epic!!
Really awesome sound, mix, playing, and writing!
The chorus was kinda empty, like it was missing something, wasnt powerful as it should be.
Another thing is the whole song was kinda dry, missing some reverb or maybe even some delay, just to make things sound bigger, to make up for the song's simplicity.
Oh and also the rhythm guitar was kinda low volume in the mix.

Thanks very much. Appreciate the good comments!
The sound of it wasn't up to us. We essentially just went in to make a video of us playing. The mixing was up to the guys running the studio :/
Here is our actually recording of that song if you want to give it a listen: https://soundcloud.com/ditchn-quincy/02-devil-eyes
Really, really good! This is awesome, man. I like the high guitars and the drums and bass complement each other really well. You have a good vocalist with potential to develop into something really distinctive. He does push his voice too much a bit too much on the high notes which makes me cringe a bit; he should reach for more air from his diaphragm. Not that I am any better, but I am working on it and I'm hoping he is too. You do look slightly bored all of you, and if the video and audio wasn't synced perfectly, I wouldn't have believed that it was in fact you guys playing this song.

Anyway, here to comment on the song, not the video, and the song is great! Good job!

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=31349272#post31349272
Quote by Huliheaden
Really, really good! This is awesome, man. I like the high guitars and the drums and bass complement each other really well. You have a good vocalist with potential to develop into something really distinctive. He does push his voice too much a bit too much on the high notes which makes me cringe a bit; he should reach for more air from his diaphragm. Not that I am any better, but I am working on it and I'm hoping he is too. You do look slightly bored all of you, and if the video and audio wasn't synced perfectly, I wouldn't have believed that it was in fact you guys playing this song.

Anyway, here to comment on the song, not the video, and the song is great! Good job!

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=31349272#post31349272

Thanks very much, appreciate the comments.
Yeah when I watched the video back we did look really bored and it is something we have been working on

I'l check it out now!
Thanks for the crit,
First original erh? DAMN, it's really good, love the tones and grooves going on and the vocals are great as well.
The chorus could use something to make it more huge, but I can't exactly put my fingers on it, maybe some backing vocals?
Anyway real good stuff you got going here, followed you on Soundcloud, can't wait to hear more!
Dude, this is effin cool! No joke!

I like the lead on the intro and verses. plus the cold voice your vocalist has. it really fits your genre. The drums have nice beats and transitions. The song comes off really light though so I think you guys need to increase the volume a little on the bass to give your song a complete, grounded feel. I can't really explain it properly but I hope you understand what I'm trying to say even a little.

btw, c4c?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=31480245#post31480245
really dug the intro very nice. Good tone from the vocalist aswell. Everything is sounding tight too, I think the first chorus could build up a bit more guitar wise, maybe a tiny bit of distortion, thats my only complaint really. But otherwise a really well constructed and executed song well done!

C4C ?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1602450
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele