i bought this one off of GC for like $520 something after tax, it is completely stock, however it didn't come with a trem arm. i spent a little while trying to figure out which one it is and from small pics it is hard to tell the difference. its a 1570. here are a bunch of pictures. (i have heard three people which arm i need and all seemed confident but i know they don't all work.

the other pictures are of the two trem arms i have for my other ibbys. one from a 3550mz and one for a 2570evsl, neither fit in the 1570.

trem arms that don't fit (one belongs to a 3550mz the other the 2750evsl).

also wondering if the fretboard is dry.

i wiped it down lightly with lemon oil when i got it (probably three months ago). it is just bothering me for some reason. i own at least a dozen guitars with rosewood fretboards and most look a little more 'lush' and i really oil them once a year.
______

also the jack is loose, i fixed it twice but it didn't last either time. i know somebody linked me to a nice replacement IIRC switch craft. an extra $5 for longevity and reliability is worth it.

i just don't really know exactly what to search on.

______

thanks in advance.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
first picture: im dorry i didnt catch the question

board: yeah it looks a little dry put some board oil on it if you want to make it look nicer

and the jack is a common problem from 50 dollar squires all the way up to 10000 dollar gibsons, nothing to fret about (ha i made a pun). just uncrew hold from the other end and use a nut driver.

side note: post pics of whole guitar. why? because i like ibanez and it'll make rander happy
Quote by rander7917
first picture: im dorry i didnt catch the question

board: yeah it looks a little dry put some board oil on it if you want to make it look nicer

and the jack is a common problem from 50 dollar squires all the way up to 10000 dollar gibsons, nothing to fret about (ha i made a pun). just uncrew hold from the other end and use a nut driver.

side note: post pics of whole guitar. why? because i like ibanez and it'll make rander happy

i am trying to figure out which trem bar i need to order.

and i am not even sure what trem it is.

i have been given part numbers from the guy a GC (wrong no surprise) a rep for MF, and somebody on here, but all three are different.

i am talking about the jack is housed in a cylinder, not a standard jack with just the TRS contacts that you can bend back in. swapping it won't be a problem, i just need to know what jack i should use. somebody posted one from ebay, but i can't find the thread.

i don't know why the board is dry in such a short period. mildly concerning, because i have like a dozen guitars rosewood fretboards (including another prestige ibanez). and once a year does it.

thank you, and per your request: the other two are a Fender Celtic Showmaster, and a 1982 MIA Peavey Horizon II.

anybody have an idea at least what trem it is? i was comparing the trem in the one of the stickies and the pictures and specs are there, but a few of them are extremely similar.

any other thoughts about the board? the weather is far from dry. pretty humid already.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
I know it sounds obvious, but have you tried sending those pictures to Ibanez' customer support?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
It's the edge pro II trem you have, got the same on my RGT42 part number is : 2EL2-C1B thats for the black one i'm sure you can get chrome ones, check ibanez web site out.
Quote by rickster100
It's the edge pro II trem you have, got the same on my RGT42 part number is : 2EL2-C1B thats for the black one i'm sure you can get chrome ones, check ibanez web site out.

I've never seen the Edge Pro II on a MIJ Prestige, as far as i know it was only fitted on korean made Ibanez!? It should be the Edge Pro which is better than the Pro II.
1570's came with the Edge Pro. Except for the 1570Z which has the ZR trem.
Quote by J_W
1570's came with the Edge Pro. Except for the 1570Z which has the ZR trem.

Correction. The ZR is the trem with ball bearings that are fitted on Ibanez S-models. 1570Z has the Edge Zero which has knife edges.
Quote by Sledgeman
Correction. The ZR is the trem with ball bearings that are fitted on Ibanez S-models. 1570Z has the Edge Zero which has knife edges.

Ahh Damn it, that is what I meant, I don't know why I said ZR. Good catch.
i just emailed ibanez. i probably should have done it a while ago, but i thought i would get a sure answer. not that i am not listening to any of you. i still have heard three different part numbers.

i will order from ibanez rules most likely.

how does this tremolo compare to other ibanez trems?

also does anybody have a link to the barrel type jack?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
how does this tremolo compare to other ibanez trems?

If it is indeed an Edge Pro, which it does look like it is, then imo it's the best locking trem I've ever used. Totally stable, super easy to re-string, etc Just my opinion of course.

In regards to the trem arms not fitting - can you be a bit more specific? Do they not go into the socket at all, or just not go down very far?
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
I think I had replied in one of your other Ibanez trem questions a few months ago, but I think that was for a different guitar (one you returned).

Anyways, that's not an Edge Pro.

Quick way to tell is right where the string goes over the saddle. The edge pro has a bar that's tangential to the string. The Edge Pro II does not:

Edge Pro II:

Edge Pro:

Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
Quote by DarthV
I think I had replied in one of your other Ibanez trem questions a few months ago, but I think that was for a different guitar (one you returned).

Anyways, that's not an Edge Pro.

Quick way to tell is right where the string goes over the saddle. The edge pro has a bar that's tangential to the string. The Edge Pro II does not:

Edge Pro II:

Edge Pro:

Looks correct. So someone swapped the Pro for a Pro 2. Pro 2 doesn't hold up to the Pro. I rank the trems in this order, Original Edge, Lo-Pro Edge, Edge Zero, ZR, Edge Pro, Edge Pro II, Edge III and then those Lo-TRS crap.
More like, Edge, LoPro, Edge Zero, Edge Pro and ZR are all great. Everything else from Ibanez are a step or three below.

Do wish Ibanez had of used locking studs with edge pros tho
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
Quote by DarthV
More like, Edge, LoPro, Edge Zero, Edge Pro and ZR are all great. Everything else from Ibanez are a step or three below.

Do wish Ibanez had of used locking studs with edge pros tho

A locking stud mod is easy enough. http://www.ibanezrules.com/tech/setup/stud_mod_03.htm

I actually prefer the ZR before the Pro. At least when the stop bar is removed. The ones i've had has fluttered really well.
Still would rather save the time and money and have the studs done right from the factory! I haven't removed the stop bar on my 3570z, maybe I should
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs