What do you guys think about the whole "Kids in school band do better in school" thi

ng?

I think it's just cause they're parents are pushy n make em do band so they are pushy and make them get good grades. I don't think playing an instrument makes you smarter
Kids in school band are usually dorks.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
If I could go back in time, I would've taken music class, probably not band though
OH you mean in the school band.
BEcause if you don't get a B average or w.e then they kick you out of the band, and the kids want to be in the band, so they work towards their grades more. It's a big incentive for them.
Quote by macashmack
I have never heard of that in my life

Quote by theogonia777
Kids in school band are usually dorks.

yep.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
My schools never had a band. I did play sports though, and still ended with an A average all through high school.

I was definitely the exception to the rule in my school though. Most of the guys I played hockey with barely graduated and never left home unless they got a camp job.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Quote by Weaponized

I think it's just cause they're parents are pushy n make em do band so they are pushy and make them get good grades. I don't think playing an instrument makes you smarter

you say it like it's a bad thing
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
well if your in band you probably care about whether you do good or not, most other kids don't.

nerds
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
It's cuz band attracts nerds and nerds do better in school.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I wish I was in my schools band.
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
I think it is also linked to motivation. Usually to be involved in a school activity you need decent grades... also you spend a majority of your time that you aren't in class with other kids who need good grades instead of at home playing video games
"Music is the only thing that makes sense anymore man, play it loud enough it keeps the demons at bay." - Jojo from ATU
Currently Own:
Ibanez GAX70
Peavey VYPYR 15.
Mitchell Acoustic M0100
Johnson Acoustic JG 100
Kids in my school that did band were dorks and all the smart people. Looking back I would have loved to do trupmet or sax but oh wells.
i think its just kids in activities in general becasue they need a B or was it C average

but there have been studies showing how playing an instrument helps th ebrain develop better
I did band in HS and i'm a genius.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump