My latest acquisition, seen here in some proper protection:

And inside:

Keen-eyed observers will have noticed hat's not a Gretsch! Its a...what is it?

Its a Malden Bad Karma. Look at it...the curve of the carve...

Its black...everywhere.

The nitty-gritty:

The ergonomics are very nice, and even with the carve, this guitar has a substantial feel to it. When I contacted Malden to complete my purchase, they asked me if I wanted a heavier one or a lighter one, and I asked for more mass. This seems to have more sustain than any other axe I own except the Sustainer equipped Fernandes Elite. (Wishful thinking? Who cares!)

The finish is matte- a first for me- so it doesn't really show off its curves in pictures like a glossier guitar. But in person, it looks and feels so nice. That finish also brings a different kind of attitude to the party- it's kind of like holding a stealth fighter in my hands.

The pickups are fairly hot. If anything, they remind me most of my Fernandes Elite purchased back in October 2012- born to rock. Nifty feature- the pickups are individually coil-tapped, so it has surprising tonal variety. The funny thing is, despite the aggression of these HBs, they sound more like singlecoils when tapped than any other tapped HBs I own. Whether that is a testimony to the skill of the pickup maker or the guy who wired the guitar up is a mystery to me, but kudos.

My one complaint so far is that the witch-hat knobs seem a little on the slick side, which makes actually using those coil-taps a little tricky sometimes. Definitely not going to be doing that on the fly.

Note: anyone looking to get a Malden Karama- or, as I did, the limited edition Bad Karma- should be forewarned. Malden had a disagreement with the company that was doing the cases for this guitar, so finding a HSC may be a challenge. The Karma family is a little bit broader in the body than most LPs, so they simply don't fit in a lot of the cases made for LPs. Mine is currently in a case made for a slightly deeper body guitar- possibly a semihollow- so I have to fold the strap underneath the body to make it sit level within the case. Ultimately, I may try swapping cases with a thinline acoustic I own.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
very nice i remember you mentioning the case thing a while back, i think
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I've seen this before!!! It's pretty awesome, man!

Hoooooray for Danny!
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Yeah- I posted a couple of pix in the LP thread, but this is all of 'em. It took me a week to et the time to play it enough to get a solid feel for it- Easter weekend was a bit busy, as has my week thus far.

Thanks for all the luv!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
What darkness? This guitar shines!
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

I'm going to have to check these guys out, I've been after a slimmer-profile LP and ESP ECs aren't cutting it for me.

HNGD, looks the business.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.