I have a Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo. It has a switch on the back to mute the speakers, and a headphone recording output. Here is a link to the manual . Couple quick (probably dumb) questions.

1. If I turn the speakers off, do I need to keep it in standby, or does my amp have some form of dummy load/etc so I don't fry it?

2. Is the headphone/recording output into a direct box my best option to go to a soundboard?

3. If I wanted to use effects in the loop of my amp and be silent on stage, could I keep it on standby (thus having the preamp on?), and run guitar->pedals in front->amp input->effects send->output of final pedal to a DI box?

I apologize if these are dumb questions, I'm needed to go to FOH for my amp, but I can't keep my amp backstage somewhere isolated because I need access to my amp's footswitch. Thank you for any and all help.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Anybody?
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Just mic your speaker.

I am not sure about when you turn the speaker off if you need to leave it in standby.

If it has a DI, then you do not need a direct box, just plug a 1/4 cable in to the jack then direct to the mixer.

Use the amp set up normal with your normal chain of FX. Then go from the DI jack on your amp to the mixer
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate