Page 1 of 2
Taking into account the human vulnerability to the illogical as well as how many people are not born with natural skepticism to the extra-ordinary claims whilst lacking even ordinary evidence.

And having any idea of an afterlife being somewhat appealing to the majority of us, I think it would be a good idea to form a new religion that, like the previous ones, panders to our fears of extinction and loneliness that follows the discontinued existence of our loved ones, however, unlike most previous ones, is absolutely safe to the intelligent society and has a dogma based on observable evidence and understanding of how to positively affect the individual without a detriment to the society.

Over time, this new religion is to replace any other religion that might potentially harm or undermine the human condition and therefore create an adequate balance between the secular community and those who are prone to believe the supernatural.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
How about we don't form our own religion and say we didn't?

That wouldn't really address any problems.
Atheism 4 lyfe
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
So?

Well, I'm somewhat interesting in addressing problems, and seeing how some new religions can get a standing and spread. This, hypothetically, could really craft a pathway to a better society and put a rest to the dangers that theism currently portrays.

I'm not delusional into thinking that it is likely to accomplish anything and whether or not this will even happen in the future at some point. But, I do believe this is a somewhat genuine solution.

Quote by Wormholes
Only if this new one allows me to shave my neck, shits itchy.

I'm sure it will, I would assume the ideology would be based on consent.
Last edited by Aralingh at Apr 4, 2013,
lol religion

ur such a fag

just kill urself and go be wit ur god fag
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Apr 4, 2013,
Something like the New World Order but with religion?
If you're serious about needed some Design or Motion Graphics done for your band, youtube, or literally anything else you should email me at CoreGraphics@live.com. My services are quite affordable for the quality I deliver.

Youtube: CoreGraphics
Quote by WCPhils
lol religion

ur such a fag

just kill urself and go be wit ur god fag

I'm an atheist myself, this proposition is for the folk who believe. I am willing to guide and facilitate the process though.

Quote by kcorkcar
Something like the New World Order but with religion?

Not really, participation is voluntary, not mandatory.
Quote by SexyLikeAPig
Neil Degrasse Tyson 4 president

Damn man almost two back to back mint quotes for this thread, someone give this dude a cookie. Being Canadian I don't know how I would do it, but I would totally vote Neil in as president.
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Quote by neidnarb11890
lol youre so cute ts

Thanks.

Quote by desperatechris
Norwayism. More money to us.

Actually, this religion would not be getting any money, neither would it need a church. Although I'm not sure if that would work, the religious seem to be more convinced in an ideology if it has some buildings erected in its' name.
Quote by Aralingh
I'm an atheist myself, this proposition is for the folk who believe. I am willing to guide and facilitate the process though.

dude dunt even bother. religious people are dumb. theyre not smart like us atheistz. if you believe in god you should kill yorslef nt even joking. god is a fag and atheist have the truth dont they
RIP Adam
Quote by SexyLikeAPig
dude dunt even bother. religious people are dumb. theyre not smart like us atheistz. if you believe in god you should kill yorslef nt even joking. god is a fag and atheist have the truth dont they

There's an argument to be had here, but, either way.

I don't see any possibility of a religion being discarded, might as well find a way to make it harmless, and possibly useful.
Based on the OP I'm taking it we'll worship a thesarus?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
Quote by Aralingh
There's an argument to be had here, but, either way.

I don't see any possibility of a religion being discarded, might as well find a way to make it harmless, and possibly useful.

yor just faciliating them dont bother man theyre stupid with their phony god they wont lisen they luv theyre fag god to much
RIP Adam
Quote by SexyLikeAPig

I'm sure that many in the atheist community would tell you to take your own advice based on your spelling and grammar.
If you're serious about needed some Design or Motion Graphics done for your band, youtube, or literally anything else you should email me at CoreGraphics@live.com. My services are quite affordable for the quality I deliver.

Youtube: CoreGraphics
Quote by kcorkcar
I'm sure that many in the atheist community would tell you to take your own advice based on your spelling and grammar.

He's not being serious.

Quote by ryan_nadon
Based on the OP I'm taking it we'll worship a thesarus?

No, not really.

Quote by SexyLikeAPig
yor just faciliating them dont bother man theyre stupid with their phony god they wont lisen they luv theyre fag god to much

This religion can similarly present the same god to them, except without him demanding discrimination and worship.
Quote by Aralingh
Well, I'm somewhat interesting in addressing problems

A new religion would just causes new problems.

and seeing how some new religions can get a standing and spread.

Then, study history a bit. Factor in the fact that we now have faster ways to spread ideas, and you should have a model.

This, hypothetically, could really craft a pathway to a better society and put a rest to the dangers that theism currently portrays.

What if it doesn't craft a pathway to a better society? I'm fairly certain all religions started off thinking their ideas would craft a new and better society in the long run, or at least that those who followed them would gain something new and better in eternity.

I'm not delusional into thinking that it is likely to accomplish anything and whether or not this will even happen in the future at some point. But, I do believe this is a somewhat genuine solution.

Well, see my above statement about how it would just create more issues.

Quote by Aralingh
This religion can similarly present the same god to them, except without him demanding discrimination and worship.

I don't know of any religion that demands discrimination (at least in its "holy texts").

Also, what would the point of no worship? Oh, hey...you can end up with a good outcome for eternity, whether you do any work (worship, belief, etc.) or not. You just show up and say, "I exist" and -- boom, you get to heaven. HOW BORING!
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Apr 4, 2013,
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
A new religion would just causes new problems.

Then, study history a bit. Factor in the fact that we now have faster ways to spread ideas, and you should have a model.

What if it doesn't craft a pathway to a better society? I'm fairly certain all religions started off thinking their ideas would craft a new and better society in the long run, or at least that those who followed them would gain something new and better in eternity.

Well, see my above statement about how it would just create more issues.

I would like you to demonstrate how a new religion would cause new problems.

The fact that information can be spread much faster would only facilitate this.

At the times when mainstream religions were made, yes, I agree, some of the authors perhaps did believe that it would lead to a better society, however, their idea of a "good society" isn't exactly what we consider it to be.

The difference in here would be, that the moral implications of this new religion would not be harmful. The dogma would not be moral because "god says so", as I mentioned before, it would prioritize the human well-being BASED on empirical evidence of what contributes to the well-being in the first place.

I don't want to go into literal interpretations, and even if there are no direct commands to discriminate. You can not deny that religious beliefs can and are used to facilitate discrimination.

Worship is not mandatory, nor prohibited. If you feel the need to praise the maker, you are welcome to do so, and you may even believe he is thankful for it, you may not, however, assume that he demands it and force others to follow your example.
Quote by kertets
Ok I'm in.
I call God.
So how much does this gig pay?

It doesn't. That's the point.
Quote by Aralingh
Taking into account the human vulnerability to the illogical as well as how many people are not born with natural skepticism to the extra-ordinary claims whilst lacking even ordinary evidence.

And having any idea of an afterlife being somewhat appealing to the majority of us, I think it would be a good idea to form a new religion that, like the previous ones, panders to our fears of extinction and loneliness that follows the discontinued existence of our loved ones, however, unlike most previous ones, is absolutely safe to the intelligent society and has a dogma based on observable evidence and understanding of how to positively affect the individual without a detriment to the society.

Why not just enjoy life as an atheist?

Check your PM's btw.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Apr 4, 2013,
Anything that doesn't allow me to think of the world as the back of a giant cosmic turtle is pretty damn lame.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Why not just enjoy life as an atheist?

Check your PM's btw.

I am enjoying my life. But not everyone has the luxury of religious non-involvement, this issue is not to address my own problems.

I think this would benefit both the religious and the non-believers, religion would often suppress the individual within its' organization as well as those outside of it. And I find that this idea would be quite liberating for both.

Replied to PM.

Quote by JustRooster
Anything that doesn't allow me to think of the world as the back of a giant cosmic turtle is pretty damn lame.

Well, there is nothing mentioned in the dogma of this religion that the world isn't the back of a giant cosmic turtle, I suppose you could believe that if you wished to.

Quote by blake1221
If TS's posts in this thread are serious, this is so adorable.

As I mentioned, I'm not delusional enough to assume that this would really come about. But, I just thought of it, and, hypothetically, I believe it is possible, so I'm quite serious in what I say here.
Quote by JustRooster

Are you making reference to the Native American Turtle Island idea of creation? Cause that's an actual thing. Just saying.
Quote by Aralingh
I would like you to demonstrate how a new religion would cause new problems.

Simple. People would disagree with it.

Ever study the history of Protestantism? Or the religious wars that came a few decades after that? Even if we assume that anyone who disagrees will be relatively civil about it, they still would be arguing with those who do agree.

At the times when mainstream religions were made, yes, I agree, some of the authors perhaps did believe that it would lead to a better society, however, their idea of a "good society" isn't exactly what we consider it to be.

And what is "our" idea of a "good society"? Because you and I may have vastly different ideas on that issue, which sort of harks back to my first point.

The difference in here would be, that the moral implications of this new religion would not be harmful. The dogma would not be moral because "god says so", as I mentioned before, it would prioritize the human well-being BASED on empirical evidence of what contributes to the well-being in the first place.
In other words, it wouldn't be religious at all because there would be no higher authority that is appealed to and used as a justification for the dogma. Likewise, there also would be no belief in such a higher authority.

Quote by JustRooster

How Discworldian!
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Apr 4, 2013,
Quote by Aralingh
...is absolutely safe to the intelligent society and has a dogma based on observable evidence and understanding of how to positively affect the individual without a detriment to the society...

If what you're saying is, it is going to be perfectly logical and intelligent, you might as well forget calling it a religion.
what kind of religious nut is going to follow a religion which is just engineered by logic and practicality?
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Simple. People would disagree with it.

Ever study the history of Protestantism? Or the religious wars that came a few decades after that? Even if we assume that anyone who disagrees will be relatively civil about it, they still would be arguing with those who do agree.

And what is "our" idea of a "good society"? Because you and I may have vastly different ideas on that issue, which sort of harks back to my first point.

In other words, it wouldn't be religious at all because there would be no higher authority that is appealed to and used as a justification for the dogma. Likewise, there also would be no belief in such a higher authority.

How Discworldian!

I don't consider civil recourse a "problem".

I personally base my morality on consent, hence a good society is one where an individual is not prohibited by any authoritarian body, be it religion or government, to do what he wishes to do so long as it does not violate the consent of others.

This is a GENERAL idea, and obviously there are details to be discussed here, the most common being free speech which allows people to insult others without their consent to be insulted, but these details are quite minor I believe.

Higher authority is a not necessity of a religion, the official church of Satan is a good example of a religion the dogma of which is based on individuality and achieving personal goals through hardship, but also taking responsibility for ones' action, not to mention having no higher authority in any of their supposedly "divine" text.

There is a high authority in what I describe, there is a God, whatever "it" may be, but you are not liable to answer to him, because your decisions ultimately do not impact on him, your actions impact on the people around you, you answer to them.

Quote by TomusAM
If what you're saying is, it is going to be perfectly logical and intelligent, you might as well forget calling it a religion.

Not perfectly, only somewhat. And I do believe that the religious would like to be considered as intelligent and proficient in logic as the non-believers.

Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
what kind of religious nut is going to follow a religion which is just engineered by logic and practicality?

I think it's fair to point out that the religious don't consider themselves illogical unintelligent idiots and would often argue that their religion is a product of logic, and perhaps practicality. They are quite mislead, but they do allow room for logic.
Page 1 of 2