So i'm looking for a new amp for my band. We play anything from You me at six to A day to remember.

my budget is abour 500€ and i;m willing to go used.

For gigging and rehearsels

I really love the modern high gain sounds and i don't need sparkling cleans as long as they are usable.

I've been looking at the Orange dual terror, dark terror and jim root terror.

I really dig the jim root terror but im afraid that i'm gonna miss cleans on max volume.

I prefer a smaller size amp so I can carry it via public transport.

I live in the netherlands.

thanks in advance
Gear

-Schecter Tempest Custom
-Ibanez EW20WNE-NT
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Boss TU-3
-Boss NS-2
-ibanez PM7
Try one of the new Marshall DSL40c 1x12's,
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
The Laney IRT-Studio or the 15w head would probably serve you well.
They both have a low watt option, give you amazing high gain sounds and happen to have really good clean sounds even on distortion channel when you're off the boost and roll your guitar's volume a bit. I think that they're pretty much in your budget too...

Does your budget include a cabinet? If it does, you seriously need to go used, cause otherwise you might end up with bad gear..
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

@robbgnarly: I used to have a marshall DSL 100 but sold it as I didn;t have use for us back then. I could kick myself for that. If the dsl40c is the same as the head than its definately an option. But I would wish it wasn't that heavy

@sakke: The budget is for the head only. I'm gonna look into that laney!
Gear

-Schecter Tempest Custom
-Ibanez EW20WNE-NT
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Boss TU-3
-Boss NS-2
-ibanez PM7
That Engl would be seeeeexy if you can live with 15 watts of clean headroom.
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
6505+112
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Wouldn't the Engl and 6505 be too much for the YouMeAtSix kind of music?
Gear

-Schecter Tempest Custom
-Ibanez EW20WNE-NT
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Boss TU-3
-Boss NS-2
-ibanez PM7
The 6505 is certainly famous for a certain sound, but it actually has a surprising amount of tameable range.

More importantly, that sort of modern alt rock/pop punk sound usually uses a lot more gain (or at least a much more modern voicing) than you would expect. Rectifiers are extremely common in those genres, but they aren't using everything on full like you can. The voicing of the amp is much more important than the sheer amount of gain it's capable of putting out.

All that said, The 6505 might not be the best option... but at least check it out. I certainly recommend it for stuff like ADTR though, where you can't replicate their smooth producing and multitracking in a live setting. It's way better to not have to use all the gain you have available than to not have enough or having a farty sound due to an inadequate amp.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
The 6505 is certainly famous for a certain sound, but it actually has a surprising amount of tameable range.

More importantly, that sort of modern alt rock/pop punk sound usually uses a lot more gain (or at least a much more modern voicing) than you would expect. Rectifiers are extremely common in those genres, but they aren't using everything on full like you can. The voicing of the amp is much more important than the sheer amount of gain it's capable of putting out.

All that said, The 6505 might not be the best option... but at least check it out. I certainly recommend it for stuff like ADTR though, where you can't replicate their smooth producing and multitracking in a live setting. It's way better to not have to use all the gain you have available than to not have enough or having a farty sound due to an inadequate amp.

+1 amps do have controls for a reason.

ADTR are a pretty horrid band and they are arrogant as hell, I would never play another show with them after the experience I had. And they wear tight-pants which is a big turn-off
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Any opinions on the orange jim root? I really love the rockerverb tone.
Gear

-Schecter Tempest Custom
-Ibanez EW20WNE-NT
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Boss TU-3
-Boss NS-2
-ibanez PM7
They're nice. The EQ is a plus and a step up from the dark terror.
Over there you might find a used TH30 for that much, which will give you usable cleans.

The new Marshall DSLs are not the same as the JCM2000 models. They're fizzier and (to my ears) don't sound as good or the same. I'd look for an older JCM2000 DSL401 combo.
Quote by Robbgnarly
+1 amps do have controls for a reason.

ADTR are a pretty horrid band and they are arrogant as hell, I would never play another show with them after the experience I had. And they wear tight-pants which is a big turn-off

I would love to hear more about this somewhere else Robb, do tell in WTLT

TS, the DSL and 6505+ are probably your best options.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.