So I got a parking ticket earlier (yes, laugh it up bitches). But I was thinking maybe this is an opportunity. Around this area, it seems that the ticket is wrapped around the outside of an official yellow envelope. The envelope says I can either mail the check through it or pay online. SO...

What if I keep the envelope and make a photocopy of the ticket? Whenever I need to park, I just stick this ticket-wrapped-around-envelope on my wiper and boom, wouldn't need to pay for parking.

So I ask the pit... Could this possibly work? Would they check for this kind of thing? On a level of 1-10 how dumb is this idea?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
nothing could go wrong
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I take it there are no dates on the ticket and it has no specific watermark that can differentiate it from regular paper and what it's written on?
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
I take it there are no dates on the ticket and it has no specific watermark that can differentiate it from regular paper and what it's written on?

Oh the ticket itself DEFINITELY has unique identifiers and dates. That's the risk element. I'm betting that the ticketing patrols will see the yellow envelope, which obscures the ticket itself behind the flap, and think "oh ok this guy already got a ticket here" and walk away.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
no they'll ticket you again anyway even if they think it's a real ticket

trufax
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by Xiaoxi
Oh the ticket itself DEFINITELY has unique identifiers and dates. That's the risk element. I'm betting that the ticketing patrols will see the yellow envelope, which obscures the ticket itself behind the flap, and think "oh ok this guy already got a ticket here" and walk away.

Doesn't sound worth it to be honest. It doesn't seem like something a court would consider a petty crime, and you ARE in a pretty respected school so getting into serious trouble with the law shouldn't be on your agenda. My advice is to just not doing it, at least not until you've done some research on it.
^It's been a year since I've graduated

Quote by Primus2112

trufax

Can you confirm this?

What would they ticket me for? I already HAVE a ticket for running out the meter. I can't run it out more.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi

I've watched metermaids give tickets in my city. They walk around your vehicle and spend a good five minutes examining your vehicle before issuing a ticket. They're not all nazis. They want to make sure that you left your vehicle parked for more than 5 minutes before issuing a ticket. I'm fairly certain that they'll notice your fake ticket. Also, what makes you think they won't double ticket you?
They will probably realize they never game you a ticket, or run your plates, and boom. Serious shit.
Don't know about your area but mine usually has one ticket inspector. He would know if he had issued one in an area.
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
In some areas, they won't give a ****, they'll just write you a new ticket. Others might realize they haven't already written you a ticket, and write you a new one anyway. It might work in some areas but it's probably not worth the risk if you want my honest opinion.
I should mention that I'd be parking in garages with hundreds of other cars. I saw the ticketing guy tonight. He was literally giving out tickets to like almost every other car.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
ive seen cars with like 4 parking tickets on it at once, but its worth a shot
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
They keep a record of when you received your ticket and if notified that the ticket was not paid they may find you and the situation would get worse.
I know a girl who for her entire time at uni used to leave a sticker on her car saying "I'm collecting my permit from the university now and will return shortly"

She never got a ticket.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
I got tickets twice. Just appeal that shit and say they made an error. I was parked 100% legally once and 100% illegally another, but if you make a big enough stink, they'll remove it.

Also, I think it's a fine idea. I've never seen anyone checking tickets, and they hand them out like candy downtown here during the day. It's probably situational to where you are, but I'd do it here.
They ticket you since it's now their shift to check for cars that should not be parked in the area. They don't even check the tickets, they just add another one to the windshield.

Have you ever seen a car that was abandoned and parked illegally somewhere for weeks before it gets a sticker stabbed onto the side of the car for tow? They usually have waves of tickets stuck under the wipers.

Pro tip: Just get rid of your window wipers and there wont be a place to put the tickets.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Enforcement officers have routes. Therefore, if you try this out and an enforcement agent notices there is a ticket on your windshield they will probably know that something is out of the ordinary and check the ticket. Once they establish that it is an old ticket you will receive a new ticket.
If you happen to be there when this happens and try to be a douche bag then you may find yourself facing more tickets for offenses not often ticketed.

Really depends on where you live but in most large cities they will find a way to screw you if you get caught. Just not worth it, pay for parking.
meter maids (and their contemporary equivalences) have regular routes. That means if they stumble upon a car with a ticket on it, it's because they gave it to them. I can't imagine how seeing a car on their route with a ticket they didn't give wouldn't raise a few red flags
sigh...

so I guess my parking ticket wasn't an opportunity after all eh?

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Yeah they'll just ticket you again or worse.

I would have thought you had lived in Boston long enough to understand how ruthless parking people are...
do it pussy ****** get on my level
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Quote by Nelsean
]
Pro tip: Just get rid of your window wipers and there wont be a place to put the tickets.

This is probably the best idea I've heard ITT.
Quote by Xiaoxi
sigh...

so I guess my parking ticket wasn't an opportunity after all eh?

Look on the bright side. At least you're optimistic.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
In Toronto and surrounding areas, enforcement officers cannot ticket you if you drive away. They literally have to scrap the ticket by drawing a line through it and writing "DRIVE AWAY" or "DROVE AWAY" on it. In this case the ticket is not enforceable because it was never served and is one of the only ways I know if to get out of a ticket here. Of course this almost never happens because people tend to not be around when the ticket is being served and those that are don't drive away and instead argue (pointlessly) with the enforcement officer instead of making a get away.
Quote by badfish_lewis
In Toronto and surrounding areas, enforcement officers cannot ticket you if you drive away. They literally have to scrap the ticket by drawing a line through it and writing "DRIVE AWAY" or "DROVE AWAY" on it. In this case the ticket is not enforceable because it was never served and is one of the only ways I know if to get out of a ticket here. Of course this almost never happens because people tend to not be around when the ticket is being served and those that are don't drive away and instead argue (pointlessly) with the enforcement officer instead of making a get away.

I'm fairly certain that's what they do everywhere in Ontario because you can do that in my city too.
A friend of mine tried this earlier in the semester. She got a parking ticket and then put it back on her windshield after she'd moved her car. A couple of days when she went back to check, the ticket was still there, but they wrote something like, "Nice try, next time's another ticket." So, I guess it really depends on the laziness levels of those who cite the cars.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
I have tried this before, they wrote me a new ticket...
I mean they may not have identifiers on the outside but surely a traffic cop has the capactiy to... I dunno, remember whether he ticketed a car or not?
Quote by metal4eva_22
This is probably the best idea I've heard ITT.

They can affix it to your door handle, doesn't have to be your wipers. Good thought though.
Quote by Primus2112

trufax

What he said.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA