Cover a non gay song I haven't seen on youtube 39487327567049760948735 times and I will mildly consider it.
bend at like 1:13 made me hurt but so far it's great. was just a little slip up I imagine

also I don't like your tone at all tbh

that's just a preference though
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
lol. Thanks for the laughs regardless. I am a perfectionist and I suck most of the time. I started learning this solo last year and I'm still working on it. I haven't posted here in a very LONG time and I figured it'd be a good place to finally get some feedback after all the time and effort I put into playing. Everytime I record something I listen to it over and over and over for days and days to in order to find mistakes or feelings that I can fix or enhance. Sometimes I listen to it too much that I become biased and think everything is shitty. But after a break from not listening to it I'll listen to it again and it will sound fine to me. I don't know many experienced guitarists in real life so I thought I'd get some real feedback here. Criticize anything, I'm all ears especially when I consider myself a mediocre player. I'll listen to gilmour playing and even though he plays the same notes it sounds a million times better. I guess ultimately I was hoping to get some advice on how I can enhance a simple solo by adding more feelings to the minimal amount of notes in this solo
Work on your vibrato a bit. Getting good vibrato while bending is especially difficult but it's great when you get it down. Pretty good.
Honestly if you want to add more feeling or whatnot, I'd do something that isn't set in stone. Like play some notes that aren't supposed to be there. Put a little bit of yourself into it. Play something that isn't there, but sounds sweet to you.

Add more bending, vibrato, etc. just do what you feel is right. Play it with the actual solo as a guideline, but add bits and pieces of your own into it and recreate it with your own idea
Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
There's no feeling to it. Your bends are a dead give away. Spend less time trying to play it perfect and more time trying to play it how feel it should be played
I thought it was good. I haven't listened to the song in a long time so I don't know if it's "100% accurate" to the original solo versus how much you may have improvised, but overall it was good. The bend at around 1:12 seemed slightly off, but I'm only noticing it because of the comment above that pointed it out. You'll probably have better feedback on the "Cover Songs" forum, because most people in the Pit just like to bandwagon and insult. :-P
Quote by Boxxxed
Here's a recent recording. I can already pick out some unneeded tension and mistakes but I'd like to have feedback from an experienced third party.

You have come to the right place. I am god at this song.

First off, you're playing an Ibby. What the ****. More like Abby. Or Flabby. Or Faggy. Or Sketchy.

Oh, it's a Jackson you say? Nope, you're wrong.

Second, there's so much reverb I actually thought my dorm room had become a cathedral. I understand the songs all ethereal but it ruins the honest tone of the guitar.

Third, the bends were off.

Fourth, there was a distinct lack of soul. Dave Gilmour is a beautiful man and you are not.

Fifth, you need to green screen yourself on top of a mountain to play this song.

Sixth, you posted this in the pit and not somewhere that actually gives a ****.

Seventh, it ended weird. Motha****as like closure and you ain't givin any

Eighth, what are the freakin fret markers? They're so edgy I almost cut myself

Ninth, you're apparently named Jimmy Morrison. If there's anything I hate more than Jim Morrison it's motha****as that ****ing fake being ****ing Jim Morrison.

Tenth, that's an ugly ass couch.

Eleventh, that's an ugly ass blanket.

Twelfth, that's an ugly ass guitar with no fret markers.

Thirteenth, that's an ugly ass strap.

Fourteenth, that's an ugly ass strap-on.

Lastly, you posted this in the pit and not somewhere that actually gives a ****.

So take that ugly ass strap on and don't **** yourself with it because it's ugly.
wut
Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Props for posting this in the pit and not getting utterly destroyed lol.

edit: I spoke to soon, I knew it
Before you get harassed out of the Pit, I'll just give you a heads up: There's a thread in Guitar Techniques that deals just with playing evaluation and suggestion.
I pride myself on my humility.
I find this more funny than anything. Reminds me the bodybuilding forums. I will post it in another section tomorrow maybe. Thanks anyway
Quote by Boxxxed
I find this more funny than anything. Reminds me the bodybuilding forums. I will post it in another section tomorrow maybe. Thanks anyway

I was completely serious with my critique and it seems like other pitmonkeys noticed the same mistakes (shitty bending). What you choose to do with the critique I gave is your business
To get good feedback you gotta turn your amp up really loud, 10 that mother****er.
Then stand directly in front of the speaker and play,
That's how you get good feedback
I actually meant to be as unhelpful as I could be but I ended up writing exactly what I thought, minus the fact that it's pretty good for the most part.

But right now you're playing the White Swan. You need to become the Black Swan
Quote by metal4eva_22
I was completely serious with my critique and it seems like other pitmonkeys noticed the same mistakes (shitty bending). What you choose to do with the critique I gave is your business

I was referring to whywefight's post. Noted, and thanks again.
Quote by innertom
To get good feedback you gotta turn your amp up really loud, 10 that mother****er.
Then stand directly in front of the speaker and play,
That's how you get good feedback

*points to own amp*

Quote by whywefight
You need to become the Black Swan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leoLPWAcwT4

I may get hate for this, but...

OT:
TS, repost this here:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1039223
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Apr 5, 2013,
needs moar embellishments

vibrato
slides
knick knackery

get on it
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.