So I went ahead and bought my first Fender. Nothing too exciting, I know. It's just a made in mexico standard telecaster.

I haven't gotten to give it much play but so far I am loving it. Compared to my only other electric, an LP studio, it plays and sounds quite a bit different. Compared to the LP it has a much twangier and crisp sound. In contrast the Les Paul has a bit of a thicker and fuller sound...its hard to articulate that without it sounding like like the LP is better, but it's not, just different. The neck feels very different too. It's the standard maple neck compared to the mahogany neck with rosewood fretboard on the LP. Even though I always found my LP very natural and easy to play I find the neck on the Tele to be surprisingly fast, I like it! I play a lot of reggae so the first thing I did was jam out a bunch of songs I"ve been writing. So far I really like the way the rhythm parts sound on the Tele, gives a nice touch to that reggae skank. But upon first impressions I think I prefer the sound of the little lead melodies on the LP, but it might just take more messing with settings to get a lead tone I prefer out of the Tele.

Here is another shot of the whole gang. (Minus the classic 30 which is in the shop at the moment.)

Nice family shot, and it looks like you're off to a good start. HNGD!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Very nice. Hard to go wrong with a Tele (and nice choice of color too).

HNGD
OffsetOffset
stock, quite boring, but I kno they play & sound great have fun
<Insert Witty Comment Here>

1981 Fender Lead I Seymour Duncan humbucker, Mesa BoogieIIIRectifer, MKIIRhodes,PRS
Despite your liberal use of buzz works such as twangy for the tele and thicker sound for the lp, I bid you a happy NGD.

But play around with the tone on the tele, and for the paul for that matter. Having both ends of the spectrum, I'm sure that with time you will find songs that you like the tele for leads and the paul for rhythm and the other way around.
Haha sorry for the heavy use of buzz, or sizzle words as I like to call them. Had a hard time actually putting what I was hearing into words. Cliche as these terms may be they really are true at least upon first impression. Also I figure most of you around here know what these guitars sound like, especially stock. I was thinking of doing a video, with my buddy even as to get a side by side comparison. I'm always hesitant to to do videos though, by the time it's recorded and comes out of your computer speakers I figure it sounds nothing like being in the room with the amp.
Nice tele. HNGD
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Nice family shot, and it looks like you're off to a good start. HNGD!

was going to say the exact same thing.

HNGD!
Quote by Klonoa87
Haha sorry for the heavy use of buzz, or sizzle words as I like to call them. Had a hard time actually putting what I was hearing into words. Cliche as these terms may be they really are true at least upon first impression. Also I figure most of you around here know what these guitars sound like, especially stock. I was thinking of doing a video, with my buddy even as to get a side by side comparison. I'm always hesitant to to do videos though, by the time it's recorded and comes out of your computer speakers I figure it sounds nothing like being in the room with the amp.

I suppose. You can get so many other sounds out of a tele other than "twang" but seeing as its stock, you are probably right in that we all pretty much know how it sounds.

Absolutely love teles. Have my eye on a G&L ASAT in butterscotch blonde. As soon as I get the deposit payed for the house I'll be renting, that sucker is coming home with me.