I have a hagstrom f-200p i picked up a couple years ago, and it never gets used anymore. I want to turn it into a project guitar, strip it bare and install all new parts. What i was wondering, is it possible to pull the bridge system with all the springs out and install a tuneomatic bridge and stopbar? If so what would i need to do?
You would have to plug the spring cavity along with the tremolo route and then go through the motions of installing a TOM bridge
A tom sits pretty proud off the body so you'll need to shim the neck to make it tilt back or route a recess into the body where the tom posts will go. otherwise the action will be way too high.