hey guys, im new here. Im a member of your family now! :P I've got questions in my mind. I'm looking for a drive pedal. I'm gonna cover those groups: megadeth, pentagram(mezarkabul), alice in chains, soundgarden, katatonia maybe, anyway thrash and heavy metal. But I wanna play solo's like fade to black intro or cover whitesnake like still of the night so I don t wanna super high gain pedals. I've got max. 150-200$. And I'm thinking of metal muff or hardwire tl2. Which pedals do you recommend?

My equipments are:

schecter hellraiser c-1 fr
blackstar ht1r tube amp.

thanks you for your interest.
The Hardwire is pretty good, given it's price and it's purpose, but if you can afford a Wampler, get a Wampler. They're (so far) the only company I actually back & recommend for actual dirt pedals (not overdrives).

The Triple Wreck is probably not what you want though, I'd look at the SLOstortion, or maybe the Pinnacle.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
if you're going up to $200, look at the weehbo bastard distortion. it's the most amp-like distortion i've ever played, a shit-ton of available bass, and a really flexible eq. really good for 80s metal.
Guys, you are recommending him drive pedals that cost more than his amp.

Honestly, you better just get a better amp for the stuff you are playing.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
I wouldn't bother with a pedal in front of that amp. There isn't nearly enough headroom for it. You're better off just running with your amp overdrive or maybe boosting it with some inexpensive and mild OD like a Digitech Bad Monkey or Joyo Vintage Overdrive, then saving up for something better.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
I just bought the amp And ıts nice little combo for my bedroom-workouts (related to playing guitar, ofcourse ) I was going to buy ht5r but I'm living in apartment so I cant volume up so much. I can use htr1 with full volume and it worths the "tube amp" name, but ıf i bought ht5r i think it wouldnt. Im not gonna use the pedal always with ht1r. What about studios and concerts? Am I gonna play thrash metal with od? Or i can boost with ts9? wait im confused! lol

edit: oh! i can buy a cabinet im not confused anymore! but pedals first
Last edited by drocorth at Apr 5, 2013,
Look at AMT pedals.
They have the Drive series and the newer Legend series 2. These pedals are based on famous amps and do a really good job of emulating them. They have Marshall, Orange, Mesa, Engl, Krank, Soldano, Peavey....... you get the picture. The Drive series is $100ish on ebay, the legend series is $150ish.

The AMT Drive series is a dirt pedal you use on your clean ch. The Legend series 1 is made to be used in the FX loop. And the Legend Series 2 pedals do both.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
im living in turkey we dont have amt pedals in here but thank you for your comment bro
AMT has a Russian and USA site. You can also buy direct from AMT electronics
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
oh i like the b drive i'll keep that in mind thanks bro! on the other hand tl2 looks nice. i read some reviews about metal muff and they say it has high pitched sound that we cant control.
Every guitarist should own a tubescreamer type pedal. Start with that.
"evil esteban"
if this thing melts again i'm takin' it to bugera headquarters, puttin' a bag of fecal matter on it, ringin' the doorbell and flippin the switch from "standby" to "on", and running.

"tubetime86"
This wasnt even a cool story... Bro.
Yes and i would follow that list: od delay chorus compressor wah and last one dist. but i thought dist. would be better. about tubescreamers i tried ts9 and it was nice. which pedal do you prefer to me?
I'll give you the advice that GG&A gives all the young grasshoppers.

What you need... is a new amp.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
I'll give you the advice that GG&A gives all the young grasshoppers.

What you need... is a new amp.

thanks for the advice. and i know that amp is not enough for me but i cant afford a new amp again. i wish i had enough money to buy cabinet and head amp. but as i said, i cant :/

all i can do is buying a new pedal.