Page 1 of 3
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/nathan-j-winograd/peta-kills-puppies-kittens_b_2979220.html

Not sure how many people know this, but PETA are probably the worst for animal rights.

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) is an organization that publicly claims to represent the best interest of animals -- indeed their "ethical treatment." Yet approximately 2,000 animals pass through PETA's front door every year and very few make it out alive. The vast majority -- 96 percent in 2011 -- exit the facility out the back door after they have been killed, when Pet Cremation Services of Tidewater stops by on their regular visits to pick up their remains. Between these visits, the bodies are stored in the giant walk-in freezer PETA installed for this very purpose. It is a freezer that cost $9,370 and, like the company which incinerates the bodies of PETA's victims, was paid for with the donations of animal lovers who could never have imagined that the money they donated to help animals would be used to end their lives instead. In fact, in the last 11 years, PETA has killed 29,426 dogs, cats, rabbits, and other domestic animals.

Edit: If you read the article, be aware of the pictures.
Last edited by boreamor at Apr 5, 2013,
Yeah, known for years. #1 euthanizer of animals in the world.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
This is new news like I'm new news.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Well, well, well.....whaaaat a surprise. I guess the cat's outta the bag!

Edit: I knew they'd prove themselves to be hypocritical morons.
Last edited by Dimarzio45 at Apr 5, 2013,
Hopefully with the abundance of truth someone will get them shut down and thrown in jail for animal abuse.
what are they supposed to do with the animals when they don't have enough cages? population control just seems like an inevitable extension of trying to keep them all in cages. or whatever they keep them in.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
It's hypocritical is what it is.

BOOM motherfucker you've been crazysam'd!

Just because
Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
what are they supposed to do with the animals when they don't have enough cages? population control just seems like an inevitable extension of trying to keep them all in cages. or whatever they keep them in.

Read the thing. They kill 90% of them within 24 hours. They don't even try to find them homes.
Meh I half agree, half disagree with the article.

Clearly there is examples of bad treatment of animals here, however also they seem to have a pretty naive understanding of ethical treatment of animals.

A postcard written and signed by Ingrid Newkirk, PETA's founder, admitting that PETA does not believe animals have a right to live, despite its public perception of PETA as an "animal rights" organization. The right to life is the most fundamental of all rights. It is fundamental because without it, no other "rights" are possible. How can animals be guaranteed the right to food, water, shelter and protection, when those things can be taken away by killing them?

Exactly how belief in animals rights or welfare translate directly to preservation of life in all circumstances is beyond me.
They have a right to ethical treatment, which unfortunately can include euthanasia.
They should air drop crates of unwanted animals onto an island that has almost no contact with the outside world. Those island natives can finally know what it's like to have a pet.
Animal Rights Activists are the most dangerous religious fanatics in North America.

Quote by MadClownDisease
They have a right to ethical treatment, which unfortunately can include euthanasia.

I agree. PETA doesn't .
Last edited by Mudmen190 at Apr 5, 2013,
The whole thing wouldn't even be an issue if people spayed/neutered their pets and got all their pets from shelters instead of breeders or puppy mills.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by knifeboy
PETA- People Eating Tasty Animals

I had a buddy who tried to name his restaurant PETA. That idea didn't fly too well.
Quote by ErikLensherr
The whole thing wouldn't even be an issue if people spayed/neutered their pets and got all their pets from shelters instead of breeders or puppy mills.

I agree except for the whole breeders/puppy mills part. You could end up with a real r*tarded animal due to poor breeding choice - assuming it was a choice.
Quote by Mudmen190
I agree. PETA doesn't .

I don't know if that's the link you meant to post, but it doesn't have anything to do with euthanasia. That's a link about people protesting selling animals to an animal testing clinic.
Quote by boreamor
Also in the article it tells you that PETA instantly kill Pit Bulls. INSTANTLY.

That's sure ethical treatment of pit bulls...
Quote by boreamor
Also in the article it tells you that PETA instantly kill Pit Bulls. INSTANTLY.

Hey, they've earned their reputation.
Quote by Dimarzio45
Hey, they've earned their reputation.

No, the people that decided to breed them for fighting earned them their reputation. There are more breeds with slightly aggressive dispositions but a lot of it has to do with their use by humans. A German Shepard (for example) can be a fighting dog, a gentle family pet, or a loyal guard dog; all of it dependent on their training/environment.
and Here I was thinking me and peta had nothing in common
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Quote by Dimarzio45
I agree except for the whole breeders/puppy mills part. You could end up with a real r*tarded animal due to poor breeding choice - assuming it was a choice.

Breeders cater to rich people who just need to have 100% "purebred" little shit-zu or whatever. And purebreds tend to have more health problems than shelter mutts.

Puppy mills are just terrible. Shitty conditions to pump out as many dogs as possible to sell, and dogs from puppy mills also tend to have more health problems.

There's really no excuse for not going to a shelter.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
You guys are slow, Penn and Teller did a show on this nearly half a decade ago.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by Dimarzio45
That's half true.

In the past Pit Bulls were known for their loyalty to their owners, and their incredible protectiveness of infants. As such, they were amazing guard dogs for children and were very loved.

Totally a menace.
Quote by tukk04
No, the people that decided to breed them for fighting earned them their reputation. There are more breeds with slightly aggressive dispositions but a lot of it has to do with their use by humans. A German Shepard (for example) can be a fighting dog, a gentle family pet, or a loyal guard dog; all of it dependent on their training/environment.

It's not all to blame on the owners, guys. They have a track record of turning against people like that *snaps fingers*. I'm not getting into this debate because it's such a stagnant, stale debate to me. However, I'm not fully disagreeing with you tukk04. (or anyone else who defends these dogs)...
I had a pit as a kid named Gonzo and he never turned on me. My uncle has a pit bull now and he hasn't turned on anybody. They're no more dangerous than any other dog if you train them so they're disciplined and not out of control. Bad owners and media sensationalism gave pits their bad reputation.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
Quote by ErikLensherr
Breeders cater to rich people who just need to have 100% "purebred" little shit-zu or whatever. And purebreds tend to have more health problems than shelter mutts.

Puppy mills are just terrible. Shitty conditions to pump out as many dogs as possible to sell, and dogs from puppy mills also tend to have more health problems.

There's really no excuse for not going to a shelter.

Taking in strays or getting animals from shelters is definitely the most practical solution.

Pit Bulls are no crazier than any of the other aggressive dog breed. We've had a Pit mix or two and kept a few for friends. I really like Pits. Since I'm friends with people who don't treat animals like shit I've never encountered a bad or overly aggressive Pit Bull.

They're usually raised badly and then they turn on people. All aggressive dog breeds do that. Terriers can be ****ing crazy but no one is trying to ban them or killing them. My parents had a pair of terriers that would kill anything remotely ratlike because that's what they were bred for. By ratlike I mean things like kittens. Our cat had kittens, 2 of 6 survived the terriers. I wouldn't trust those dogs near an infant at all.

Our neighbor had a police trained German Shepard and he had no control of it. I was terrified of that thing because it was super aggressive and would probably attack someone. I still love most German Sherpards because they're cool dogs.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Last edited by BladeSlinger at Apr 5, 2013,
Quote by ErikLensherr
I had a pit as a kid named Gonzo and he never turned on me. My uncle has a pit bull now and he hasn't turned on anybody. They're no more dangerous than any other dog if you train them so they're disciplined and not out of control. Bad owners and media sensationalism gave pits their bad reputation.

I definitely understand where you're coming from. Especially the media sensationalism part.
Quote by boreamor
In the past Pit Bulls were known for their loyalty to their owners, and their incredible protectiveness of infants. As such, they were amazing guard dogs for children and were very loved.

Totally a menace.

lol no, they weren't. Some people need to stop being ignorant and realise some breeds of dogs are just naturally more agrressive and prone to violence, despite how good or bad of an owner they have. Just like those stupid "derr gunz dun kill peeple" rednecks.
Quote by Dimarzio45
It's not all to blame on the owners, guys. They have a track record of turning against people like that *snaps fingers*. I'm not getting into this debate because it's such a stagnant, stale debate to me. However, I'm not fully disagreeing with you tukk04. (or anyone else who defends these dogs)...

And I don't even have pits, I have goofy little beagles, but I've never met a pit from a normal family that was anything other than lovable. I have seen some shit on the news in my area about drug dealer's pits going after cops and the one time two pit bulls got loose from a house in the mini-projects in my town killing cats and other dogs, they killed two of my cousin's cats. It was all over the news because they couldn't find the dogs for a few days, anyone from NEPA has probably heard about it.

Again, they can turn quick when mistreated but when they are raised by competent responsible owners they are good dogs.

Quote by Wormholes
lol no, they weren't. Some people need to stop being ignorant and realise some breeds of dogs are just naturally more agrressive and prone to violence, despite how good or bad of an owner they have. Just like those stupid "derr gunz dun kill peeple" rednecks.
Not agreeing or disagreeing but this is kind of funny cause I just saw this pic yesterday.
Last edited by tukk04 at Apr 5, 2013,
Page 1 of 3