Hey guys,
to me, it seems there's something new to worry about every year. Whenever I see a news story or a newspaper article about something worrying, I get a sort of cramp in my chest, begin shaking slightly, and dwell on that thought for the majority of the day. This eventually stops, but the second the story in question escalates, it happens all over again.
I used to have horrible moments of panic when I was a kid. If my brother would go out with his friends to play football, I'd worry until he gets back, dwelling on any worst-case scenario.
These days, I don't worry about ridiculous things like that, but as soon as the media says something worrying, I can't seem to stop myself worrying, and I know it isn't healthy. It just makes me wonder, as I look around town at laughing, chilled people "How on earth are they so chilled?" It's then I feel like I'm the one with the problem, because I outwardly worry about these sort of things.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is it normal? Does anyone know how to prevent/nullify the problem? It can't be healthy to live life this way, surely?
Thanks for any help.
Try taking some kava kava, in high doses. Couldn't hurt.
My God, it's full of stars!
You must constantly be on the verge of a heart attack. Make an appointment with your local GP and get a referral to a therapist.
Quote by JustRooster
Chronic worrying? Well, pot does make you paranoid.

I'm not sure if that was the right word haha. Drugs aren't an issue, I don't do any of that
Y'know, they found a new deadly strain of flu in China and don't even know where it came from.

/pitmonkey

Get yourself a prescription... or just take more risks and get yourself acquainted with the difference between reasonable and unreasonable concerns.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Quote by Zombee

Get yourself a prescription... or just take more risks and get yourself acquainted with the difference between reasonable and unreasonable concerns.

Other than treatment for a medical condition, this is probably the best long-term idea I can think of. Generally, if you're a person who stresses out pretty easily, and worrying is included in that, then you need to be inoculated with higher stress situations and adapt yourself to dealing with things like that.
Don't worry about it.
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
Anywho, serious post.

Have you spoken with a doctor about this yet? If what you say is true to that extent, I'd say it sounds like a neurological issue that compounds physiologically, but I have limited experience in this field of medicine. Does the issue manifest itself the same every time (the shakes, and the feeling in the chest)?
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
This is about North Korea, right?

I used to / sometimes still have this. This is a list of the things I have worried about:

Asteroids
Solar flares
French Canadian separatists
Iran's nuclear programme
North Korea's nuclear programme
Bird Flu
Rabies
Cancer
Alzheimers
Dying in a fire
Dying in a plane crash
Dying in a car crash
Zombies
Tinnitus
Mad Cow Disease (kinda retro, right?)
The Tories
Mitt Romney

So um, I guess you kinda keep busy and spend as much time as you can with your friends. If you have good friends they will probably be cool and not make fun of you if you tell them you're worrying about things irrationally. Can't tell you what helped fix it for me really - just power through. Best of luck.

And in my experience high-stress situations are actually what caused it, and they still make it worse, so ¯\_(ツ_/¯
Hahahahahahahahahah hahahaha har har har
Last edited by McTodd at Apr 5, 2013,
Quote by McTodd

So um, I guess you kinda keep busy and spend as much time as you can with your friends.

Good advice. If you die horrifically from any of these things, you'll never know what hit you. And you'll be in good company.
u got anxiety

best thing you can do is try to never think about it

surest way to get stuck with it is to diagnose yourself with it

so just ignore all your symptoms

dont even hope itll go away

trust me im a doctor
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Last edited by Burgery at Apr 5, 2013,
Hakuna Matata, it means no worries for the rest of your days. Repeat it to yourself as a mantra when you feel worried.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
You should like, try to like, meditate man. It's worked wonders for me and is a good way to relax. Maybe do some yoga.
Or you could just breathe in and breathe out.
Or chronic diarrhea, then you won't have a shit to give....

I'll get my coat.
Get chronic to help with that chronic.
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
Think you might have an anxiety problem? I'm no doctah, but my girlfriend has to take anxiety medicine or else she can't function 100% comfortably some days. Says it makes her chest and stomach feel weird.
Man. It seems like none of these replies are actually helpful. Honestly, it sounds like you need to just to have someone to talk to or mull over ideas, verbalize some thoughts.

Its hard to receive definitive help online, although it can be supportive.

Close friends are helpful for these sorts of things and should be a great option for you.

Don't be afraid to go and get some advice from someone who does it professionally as well; It can be difficult at first, you wont regret it.
I'm not a doctor, but I once had sex with one.
Seems to me you need to stop worrying.
It's that simple.
read Broken Glass
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Quote by McTodd

French Canadian separatists

That has to be the least terrifying thing ever. What, were you afraid that they were going to break into your house and steal your cheese and wine?
I've had that too. When someone tells you not to worry, it only makes it worse. Try meditating or working out, and if that doesen't help go see a professional.
Learn how to drink your problems away. Either that or get laid. Whichever is more convenient/easiest to attain.