My friend has 2 Orange PPC412 (16ohms each) and he want to use them on both exits of hismvalveking head. Which impedance option should he choose on the amp?

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Orange Rocker 15
Marshall Class 5C
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
Yamaha THR10
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
LTD Viper 500 with Duncans
Last edited by Perverockstar69 at Apr 5, 2013,
I don't think you can do that with the Valveking. I'd have to dig deeper. Read me the physical outputs on that thing.

What he can do is daisy chain the two cabs together (assuming they have the jacks to do that) and then plug into the 8 ohm jack on amp. That is safe.

NVMD: I checked the manual and the VK100 has a 16, 8 and 4 ohm tap. So daisy chaining is the way to go if he wants 2 cabs (without modding the amp).
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Apr 5, 2013,
Thank you!

Can you just explain to me why? That would help so I can figure it out myself next time

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Orange Rocker 15
Marshall Class 5C
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
Yamaha THR10
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
LTD Viper 500 with Duncans

ORANGE PPC412 (1)          ORANGE PPC412 (2)       VK100
16OHM                      16OHM                   8OHM
[O]---[O]                  [O]---[O]               [O]
 |__________________________|     |_________________|

This is your wiring diagram. When you connect two cabs in parallell, which is what you're doing here, your cab ohmage halves (i.e. 2x 16 Ohm cabs wired in parallel become 8ohms together. Thus it has to be connected to your VK100s 8ohm socket. Cabs should only really be daisy chained when they are of equal value, but you can get away with mismatching a 16ohm and an 8 ohm into the 4ohm socket on SOME amps (not yours).