Page 1 of 2
I thought you didn't need one.

Or at least i don't because i never watch TV.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
dunununun Inspector gadget
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
works the same way in sweden
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Normally I evade (though I only watch online), this year though I actually have one as my housemate, bless his cotton socks, bought one thinking he'd get done by the inspectors otherwise.
Up The Boro!
Quote by Sir-Shredalot
who evades the inspectors?

You a cop? >.>
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
We didnt get one for our uni house but because the old tenants had one, they kept sending us letters. 2 of my housemates watched football all the time and they stopped after the people sent us a letter threatening to take us to court Just went online and said we didnt have a licence. Truth is they can only prove you're watching TV if they come round and see you physically watching it.
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I thought you didn't need one.

Bless you Scousers.

Next youll be saying Hillsborough wasnt your fault.
Quote by leony03
We didnt get one for our uni house but because the old tenants had one, they kept sending us letters. 2 of my housemates watched football all the time and they stopped after the people sent us a letter threatening to take us to court Just went online and said we didnt have a licence. Truth is they can only prove you're watching TV if they come round and see you physically watching it.

and as long as they can't see the tv from the door they can never prove it as you don't have to let them in. foolproof system.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by Sir-Shredalot
Bless you Scousers.

Next youll be saying Hillsborough wasnt your fault.

Am i the only one who actually doesn't care about football whatsoever?
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

Hillsborough is a bit more than just football. It went beyond that when people died and then police and politicians made a concious effort to blame fans. And the fact that the city wasn't just willing to sit back and accept the bullshit meant that it got tarnished as well.

Are you actually from Liverpool?
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Do people still watch TV??

Whenever you get the nasty little TV licence letter on the mat that says they have "right of access" to your property, they don't. I sent the letter below to their return address i stopped receiving their nasty letters and no one has approached my property since

To Whom It may concern,
I do not require a television licence as I do not receive or record live television broadcasts. Despite this , I have received numerous letters from your organization and from the Courts and Tribunals service addressed to a Mr/Mrs ?????? who does not even reside at the above mentioned address. I have been informed that I am committing a criminal offense and that a warrant of arrest will be issued within 3 days of your last letter.

Your employees and agents acting on your behalf may not call at my address.
This letter provides you with prior written warning that such a visit will constitute trespass and harassment, and that I am withdrawing the implied right of access to the property from your organization.

Please note that I am under no obligation to provide you with any of my details , including my name, and that since I am the legal occupier of this property I am entitled to withdraw your implied right of access.

This fact was confirmed by the BBC in June 2009 in response to a FOI request RF120090807. This response states that “ TV Licencing does not legally require the name of an individual to action such a request”.
Yours Sincerely
The Legal Occupier
Last edited by SHaun Steel at Apr 5, 2013,
Quote by Lemoninfluence
Hillsborough is a bit more than just football. It went beyond that when people died and then police and politicians made a concious effort to blame fans. And the fact that the city wasn't just willing to sit back and accept the bullshit meant that it got tarnished as well.

Are you actually from Liverpool?

I work in Liverpool, but I actually live on the Wirral. I just don't go around parading about the disaster.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I work in Liverpool, but I actually live on the Wirral. I just don't go around parading about the disaster.

That explains it.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
That explains it.

I did used to live there though, but only for a year. The reason for my location is that most people know where Liverpool is.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Apr 5, 2013,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

Nah, I'm the same. I couldn't give two fucks about football in the slightest.

My housemates asked if I wanted to go to the pub to watch the "big game" (whatever that was) and I said "you know I dont watch football". They said "But its the big game!" and responded with "I couldnt care if it was the northern hemisphere against the southern hemisphere. I would much rather sit here playing Tomb Raider or any game compared to watching a bunch of highly overpaid drama queens kicking some leather around a field."

I despise all talk about football, all notions of it.

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Quote by leony03
Nah, I'm the same. I couldn't give two fucks about football in the slightest.

My housemates asked if I wanted to go to the pub to watch the "big game" (whatever that was) and I said "you know I dont watch football". They said "But its the big game!" and responded with "I couldnt care if it was the northern hemisphere against the southern hemisphere. I would much rather sit here playing Tomb Raider or any game compared to watching a bunch of highly overpaid drama queens kicking some leather around a field."

I despise all talk about football, all notions of it.

Yeah. It's hardly even a sport anymore anyway, more like a business tycoon circlejerk.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Yeah. It's hardly even a sport anymore anyway, more like a business tycoon circlejerk.

Pretty much, yeah.

In a way, its like slavery. Getting sold and bought by different teams/plantations. They're so thick though that they just amble along with whoever buys them.

Quote by angusfan16
Quote by leony03
Pretty much, yeah.

In a way, its like slavery. Getting sold and bought by different teams/plantations. They're so thick though that they just amble along with whoever buys them.

Slaves don't get 100k per wk
Quote by leony03
Pretty much, yeah.

Like, the whole point of having teams is that each team is supposed to be representative of a town/city and the players would all be from the town/city. But as there's so many foreign players in the teams nowadays, that it just makes the idea of having the teams representing the town/city arbitrary.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Apr 5, 2013,
Quote by leony03
Pretty much, yeah.

yeah, poor them with their wages of £30k a week.

It truly is modern slavery.

Quote by element4433
I bought one as soon as I went to university. I don't particularly care if I can get away with out having one. I'm happy to pay for the BBC to keep providing me with the great programmes they do.

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

Don't have a TV license, we watch everything through the internet and subscription services like netflix.
You guys need a license to watch TV? rofl
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by TooktheAtrain
Don't have a TV license, we watch everything through the internet and subscription services like netflix.

Ever watch iPlayer live?
So it's kind of like when PBS here asks viewers for donations. Only you're forced to pay and the government sends people to your house if you don't. Yikes.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr
So it's kind of like when PBS here asks viewers for donations. Only you're forced to pay and the government sends people to your house if you don't. Yikes.

Yeah i went to court as my old roommate didnt pay the bill its bs

however only for live tv. you can watch stuff on the tv channels website.
Quote by Sir-Shredalot
Lothian & Borders.

hide the stuff, lads
Quote by ErikLensherr

Yeah, but the difference is people here generally like and appreciate the BBC.
Last edited by Hydra150 at Apr 5, 2013,
Quote by Hydra150
Ever watch iPlayer live?

Nope, but I think you can, not sure.

OWAIT no I can't
Last edited by TooktheAtrain at Apr 5, 2013,
Quote by TooktheAtrain

OWAIT no I can't

Because you are faced with a terrifying warning box which says 'please don't watch me if you haven't paid, mkay?'
Last edited by Hydra150 at Apr 5, 2013,
I have one this year, but probably won't bother next year. I only really watch live TV when I'm just sitting around eating so it's really not much of a loss if I don't bother.

And as much as I appreciate the BBC, I think TV licenses are a bit of a sham.
Quote by magnus_maximus
The License fee letters are terrifying.

This. I got one when i was in uni. Shitstorm.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by Lemoninfluence
yeah, poor them with their wages of £30k a week.

It truly is modern slavery.

I'm not saying they have it bad. Its just what it looks like from a visual point of view.

Quote by angusfan16
Quote by leony03
I'm not saying they have it bad. Its just what it looks like from a visual point of view.

It's a rather tenuous analogy.
I got a letter before but I think I told them online that the TV we had wasn't connected to the Aerial. It was a pretty painless process.
Page 1 of 2