Poll: What do you think of it?
Poll Options
View poll results: What do you think of it?
It's acceptable.
32 22%
I hate those bands.
46 32%
Depends on what they say.
68 47%
Voters: 146.
Page 1 of 3
So what do you guys think of bands that stop during their set to spend 5 or 10 minutes to speak about God? Specifically, bands that stop to preach and talk about why they do what they do. I kind of have mixed feelings and am curious to what everyone else thinks. Do they have that right because it's their time? If it's their main purpose should they be allowed? Do you think it's a waste of your time? Perhaps you didn't pay to hear them talk? Etc etc.
For how can I give the King his place of worth above all else
when I spend my time striving to place the crown upon myself?
depends if it's funny
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
I don't listen to Christian rock.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Bands that banter a little back and forth ("How's everybody doing?", "funny thing happened on the way into town", etc) , I like.

Bands that want to use their time to preach to me (be it religious, political, environmental) no thanks.

It pisses me off even when it's something agree with completely.
It's annoying. There are tons of Christian bands that don't do it. Of course it should be allowed, but it's pretty fucking lame. Most bands that take the Christian Clause Pause aren't really worth listening to anyways.
Is this actually a thing?
I like some hilarious #bantz thrown in in the middle of a set, like Electric Six or something, but I've never heard of a band doing some religious bullshit like that. I wouldn't like object to it or anything, but it'd probably stop me going to see them again if it went on too long.

I think the only religious band I've ever seen was August Burns Red, and I never realised they were religious until after the first time I saw them so there ya go. Unless they were actively toning down their religion for Europe.
Last edited by captainsnazz at Apr 5, 2013,
Quote by FearMyLightning
1 don't g0 2 th053 b4nd5 cuz 4ll h41L s4t4/\/s l0l

Speaking of this, I can't stand it when a band has to say "hail satan" or "f**k yeah" or "this next f**king song is brutal" etc between every single song. Super atrocious.
For how can I give the King his place of worth above all else
when I spend my time striving to place the crown upon myself?
i dont know iv never been to a concert where they stopped to talk about god. at church, the bands do that, but its expected.
That sounds horrible
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
That sounds absolutely ridiculous.

NOFX spent about 10 minutes between each song telling racist jokes. That was okay cos I was pissed off my face.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Rawshik
Speaking of this, I can't stand it when a band has to say "hail satan" or "f**k yeah" or "this next f**king song is brutal" etc between every single song. Super atrocious.

But five minute interludes about how Christ saved them and turned their life around, A.O.K.?
I like when Steel Panther does it. They don't preach or any shit like that. They're just funny
How do you make a signature? Is this a signature? Sig?.... Nature?..... Sigmund Freud?...... Nature Valley?.... Sigmund Fraud?..... Frankie Valli?.... ah, $!*@ it...
Quote by blake1221
But five minute interludes about how Christ saved them and turned their life around, A.O.K.?

lold
5-10 minutes would be outrageous to me. a minute or two is fine, but only if it makes me laugh.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by blake1221

What I don't get is why they even bother since they're just preaching to the choir.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
If any band stops for 5 minutes to talk is when you should throw a bottle at them.

Matt from avenged seven fold did, once, not about god, but saying how he had food poisoning, and had to finish off a bottle of water because he could eat solids, and the band did twiddle with their instruments during, so that was excusable.
Quote by stratkat
If any band stops for 5 minutes to talk is when you should throw a bottle at them.

Matt from avenged seven fold did, once, not about god, but saying how he had food poisoning, and had to finish off a bottle of water because he could eat solids, and the band did twiddle with their instruments during, so that was excusable.

People that do that get their asses handed to them by the fans and they deserve it.
Quote by stratkat

and then somebody should throw a fist at your face

lol you paid to listen to avenged sevenfold
Quote by theogonia777
What I don't get is why they even bother since they're just preaching to the choir.

Not always true. Several Christian bands make their way through huge tours with only "secular" bands (I can't believe I had to type that out). The Chariot is a surprisingly chaotic and dissonant Christian band with one of the more violent live sets you'll see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ermp7sY3UIY
Quote by Dimarzio45
People that do that get their asses handed to them by the fans and they deserve it.

Idc if I like them, I have never seen a professional band aside from that one a7x show where matt had food poisoning talk for 5 minutes. let alone preach. Once joshua todd of buckcherry spoke for 2ish minutes, but that was just to set up the next song with a little story he had.

I paid to hear music. Someone once handed my friend a bottle at a concert to nail someone with, though they were a skin head waving a nazi flag....he nailed him

Oh and papa roach didn't utter a single word or stop playing for their first 4 songs, it was 20 straight minutes of stfu and play. In fact, I didnt' like them before I saw them live, they really won me over, I'd like to see them live again.
Last edited by stratkat at Apr 5, 2013,
Quote by stratkat

Honestly, bands that preach about Jesus between their sets generally have fans that love that stuff. I mean, like, that's usually what they're doing in their music anyway, so I don't see why people would get upset about that.

"I like my Jesus like I like my women! HEAVY! "
Depends, if I see an old blues master like BB King and he says a few words then I will be happy to listen. Same with if I go see a gospel group I may even expect it.
If I'm at a high energy rock gig then I wouldn't appreciate it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU49CIi-ZEw
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Last edited by Hydra150 at Apr 5, 2013,
Quote by blake1221
Not always true. Several Christian bands make their way through huge tours with only "secular" bands (I can't believe I had to type that out). The Chariot is a surprisingly chaotic and dissonant Christian band with one of the more violent live sets you'll see.

As horsedick would say, if somebody is stupid enough to go see such a lousy band, they are probably stupid enough to be a devout Christian already. Atheists are so much smarter than everyone else. White bitches, white bitches, white bitches.
Quote by theogonia777
As horsedick would say, if somebody is stupid enough to go see such a lousy band, they are probably stupid enough to be a devout Christian already. Atheists are so much smarter than everyone else. White bitches, white bitches, white bitches suck my dick while I fuck that ass.

ftfy
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Depends, really. I loved Dave Grohl's banter and little speeches. They were funny or heartfelt as ****. I don't think most could pull it off that well but I still like a little bit of communication apart from songs. I think it'd be pretty awkward to just come on and play for hours and then leave with no other words.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
ftfy

You forgot to mention penetrating seven bitches at once.
Quote by blake1221

Still waiting, Rawshit.
Quote by theogonia777
You forgot to mention penetrating seven bitches at once.

I don't recall talking about that
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Someone in the crowd usually tells the band on stage to stfu and play their set anyway. Unless it's Opeth or Dave Grohl... No one interrupts Opeth and Dave Grohl.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
It completely depends on what they say. I'm totally cool with it otherwise.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by blake1221
Still waiting, Rawshit.

God you're a **** sometimes
Quote by Nelsean
Someone in the crowd usually tells the band on stage to stfu and play their set anyway. Unless it's Opeth or Dave Grohl... No one interrupts Opeth and Dave Grohl.

Akerfeldt and Grohl are both hilarious onstage
Quote by stratkat
Idc if I like them, I have never seen a professional band aside from that one a7x show where matt had food poisoning talk for 5 minutes. let alone preach. Once joshua todd of buckcherry spoke for 2ish minutes, but that was just to set up the next song with a little story he had.

I paid to hear music. Someone once handed my friend a bottle at a concert to nail someone with, though they were a skin head waving a nazi flag....he nailed him

Oh and papa roach didn't utter a single word or stop playing for their first 4 songs, it was 20 straight minutes of stfu and play. In fact, I didnt' like them before I saw them live, they really won me over, I'd like to see them live again.

You pay to see a band for EVERYTHING they have to offer. If you don't like some talking, the joke is on you.
Page 1 of 3