Hellobfellow guitarist. I decided to purchase an avatar cab and looking for a speaker that has a nice a nice old school thrash/ british heavy metal sound.Eminence Wizard,Manowar,Governer and Swamp Thang catch my eye along with EV Black labels,jensson electric lightning and WGS liberator.There are so many i cant decide! Also what are the option of mixing these? i can think of alot of options,but never done this before.Thank you! also doing a 2 x 12.
Well as far as the mechanics of mixing speakers, you can wire up whatever you want, but you have to make sure it matches the ohmage options on your head. If you want it to be a 16 ohm cab, you need to wire two 8ohm speakers in series, whereas if you want an 8ohm cab, you need two 16ohm speakers in parallel. 4ohm cabs can be achieved with two 8ohm speakers in parallel.
old school thrash is possibly/probably g12t75s (eminence's version of that is the manowar, which i haven't tried).

british heavy metal is probably a bit middier and more vintage-sounding than that, though.

which is more important?

you can mix and match, too, but you need to be sure it's a combo that works well. v30/g12t75 is a nice all-round heavier combo (eminence versions are the governor and manowar, but i've only tried the celestion version).

a g1265 might be a nice halfway house, too (i think the eminence version is the tonespotter, and the wgs version is the et65).

EDIT: i don't think you want the swamp thang, it's much more american-sounding, and also much more modern-sounding.

EDIT #2: what amp will you be using the cab with?

Also welcome to the forum, by the way
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?