Page 1 of 5
Talk about the most hideous guitars you've ever stumbled upon, whether it be a horrible body shape, a ridiculous paint job, or it is simply a piece of crap.
Once some guy tried to sell me a guitar with a giant screaming skull graphic on it, I forget the brand. I'd be embarrassed going on stage with something like that.
Quote by rockstar256
Epiphone and BC rich.

Why Epiphone? BC Rich I can fully understand....but Epiphone?
inb4 Wangcaster.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Other than BC Rich and Dean guitars some of the new ESP guitars with the paintjobs look ugly! Only my 2 cents though i love ESP guitars
JUST ANOTHER ANNOYING BIG STATUS
Quote by rockstar256
Epiphone and BC rich.

Yeah, BC Rich I totally get, but Epiphone too, eh? You must not dig Gibson either, or is it the headstock that turns you off? I've known guys who won't pick up a Tele because they hate the standard headstock shape so much (not an issue with some of the Deluxes).

I personally don't dig Flying V guitars, and really, pointy guitars in general. That's probably just because I don't remember any of my guitar idols playing them though. I may catch hell for that, but hey, we all have our "thing(s)". Some folks hate Jag shapes, though those are my favorites.

Oh, I also don't like Strats or Strat-shapes (ducks and covers), but I can see their appeal for other players.
OffsetOffset
Last edited by SteveHOC at Apr 5, 2013,
Quote by SteveHOC
I personally don't dig Flying V guitars

Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by SteveHOC

Oh, I also don't like Strats or Strat-shapes

Dude do you like any guitars at all?
Quote by TheSennaj
Anything that looks like a 12 year old metal fan made.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
I'm sure Gibson and Epiphone SG sound great for the genre they're designed for, but my god are they ugly.
Abalone usually makes me dislike a guitar, no matter what it is. F*** I hate abalone.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Dude do you like any guitars at all?

Admittedly, life is hard. Luckily, there are some great offset guitars, Teles, LP's, and there's the good old Firebird if I get really spunky.

Holy shit, I've got another bombshell... I think seven strings are pretty awful too. That may be because most of those I've seen have that Strat shape though.

I swear, if I weren't me, I'd think I was trolling. Oh well, this thread is kinda asking for that I guess.
OffsetOffset
Any guitar that can poke one's eyes out is ugly in my book.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Fender Jaguars and Mustangs, also Ibanez Iceman and Fireman.
Quote by hminh87
Any guitar that can poke one's eyes out is ugly in my book.

Maybe you should take up the Banjo?
Good point Steve, I hate 7 and 8 strings too. They just look dumb.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Reverse V's. They took the only thing I like about the V shape (totally accesible fretboard), and inverted it. No... Just no...

And although it's a guitar thread, I for some reason can't get over the look of Precision/Jazz basses. I don't know why but they bother me, even though I like their sound enough to own one.
Quote by Most_Triumphant

!!!!!!!!!. ???????! You're going to have to elaborate on that.

Edit: Too much string for ya, eh?
Last edited by Dimarzio45 at Apr 5, 2013,
I personally hate all pointy guitars, flying Vs especially though I have no idea why some are saying Gibson.
Quote by Aerynn
Reverse V's. They took the only thing I like about the V shape (totally accesible fretboard), and inverted it. No... Just no...

And although it's a guitar thread, I for some reason can't get over the look of Precision/Jazz basses. I don't know why but they bother me, even though I like their sound enough to own one.

Oh good Gawd. I forgot about that one. Yep. I wholeheartedly agree.
Anything with alternate scale fret boards... or anything with more than 6 strings on it, they start looking out of perspective visually when the neck gets that fat... Oh, and alternate scale 7 and 8 string guitars, meh... Nice firewood.
When I first started playing I hated Les Pauls (yaeh I KNOW!!!), now if I had 100 of them that wouldn't be near enough. Love the little ****ers.
Last edited by dazza027 at Apr 5, 2013,
Quote by Huge Guy
Once some guy tried to sell me a guitar with a giant screaming skull graphic on it, I forget the brand. I'd be embarrassed going on stage with something like that.

Haha was it a dean? A lot of them have those kinds of graphics
Anything uber pointy is a big no-no. Dislike Flying Vs... Moreso Reverse Flying Vs. Not a fan of Tele Headstocks. Don't like the LP shape (or the asymmetrical SG)... I could go on for a while. Very picky with guitar aesthetics. Strats are ok, but they're a bit boring.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Quote by Most_Triumphant

Ah, someone else understands. Functionally, I get it, I am totally for them from an operations standpoint (though I don't play metal, so maybe that nails it). It just seems like they all have that Strat/RG look that I can't do, and the active pickups and the br00tz and ugh... I just can't do it. Again, if I were into metal, I'd probably be saying sonething totally different, and I do have respect for players that can shred those things or play melodically, I just... well, I worked for Guitar Center. Enough said?
OffsetOffset
Quote by SteveHOC
Ah, someone else understands. Functionally, I get it, I am totally for them from an operations standpoint (though I don't play metal, so maybe that nails it). It just seems like they all have that Strat/RG look that I can't do, and the active pickups and the br00tz and ugh... I just can't do it. Again, if I were into metal, I'd probably be saying sonething totally different, and I do have respect for players that can shred those things or play melodically, I just... well, I worked for Guitar Center. Enough said?

You must HATE a ton of guitars then if you don't like Strat style bodies or RG's....I feel bad for guys like you because the guitar market must seem fairly limited...
Quote by Dimarzio45
You must HATE a ton of guitars then if you don't like Strat style bodies or RG's....I feel bad for guys like you because the guitar market must seem fairly limited...

Not really, look at the spectrum. I like other Fenders, and there are so freakin' many options out there, it's ridiculous. Look at makers like Gretsch and Gibson, or Hanson or Reverend for something a little "different". I've got plenty of GAS, but none of it involves Strat shapes (I actually consider myself lucky for that!)
OffsetOffset
It just seems like they all have that Strat/RG look that I can't do, and the active pickups and the br00tz and ugh... I just can't do it.

Well, I'm not going to try to change your tastes, but just FYI, there are many non-EMG equipped 7+ string guitars (most of the Carvins, for example), and I've seen 7+ stringers in all kinds of body shapes.

For example, this 8-string "Tele" from Agile:

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Apr 5, 2013,
Any dean, bc rich, the ibanez version of the strat, and the ******ed looking razorbacks(deans)
Quote by evhledzep5150
Haha was it a dean? A lot of them have those kinds of graphics

Just checked my old emails, it was a EC-CZ LTD. Skulls are not actually screaming but still I would never be caught dead playing something like this.
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Well, I'm not going to try to change your tastes, but just FYI, there are many non-EMG equipped 7+ string guitars (most of the Carvins, for example), and I've seen 7+ stringers in all kinds of body shapes.

For example, this 8-string "Tele" from Agile:

Thanks for showing me! Looks nice, not so bad, not my deal, but much better than those I had described!
OffsetOffset
Last edited by SteveHOC at Apr 5, 2013,
For every guitarist, a guitar. For every guitar, a guitarist.

Oh yeah, I think the reverse-V is an abomination.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Any pointy, stupid guitar. None specifically, except that weird Les Paul with the pointy bottom horn that is so ugly. I used to think Teles were ugly but they grew on me. I would play them if they just had one of the groves for your chest to go into, and that thing for your arm so their not so slab-y.
PRS SE Custom 24 w/ Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Pickups
Squire Classic Vibe Stratocaster

Digitech Bad Monkey

Pignose 7100 Legendary Amplifyer
Page 1 of 5