Page 1 of 2
There were just 88,000 jobs added to private and public payrolls in March, the Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates.

But the nation's jobless rate still edged down to 7.6 percent from 7.7 percent. That dip wasn't for a good reason, though: Nearly half a million fewer people were participating in the labor force. That smaller pool meant the jobless rate could tick down even as job growth was weak.

The news was not in line with expectations. As we reported earlier, economists were expecting to hear that payrolls had grown by 200,000 jobs and that the jobless rate had remained at February's 7.7 percent.

So record numbers of people have essentially given up looking for work, the economy didn't really grow at all over the last month, and job creation estimates weren't even half of what most economists predicted. This is seriously worrying me, and i expect it worries a lot of stock market speculators etc as well. What does the government need to do differently? How do we fix this problem? What needs to change? The country should theoretically be creating more and more jobs each month as we finally climb out of this recession, but its not.

Discuss.
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
It's Obama's fault.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Oh, no! Good golly gosh! Someone do something!
If you want to shine like the sun first you must burn like it.
Quote by bradulator
It's Obama's fault.

Yea, thanks Obama!
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I don't think this one month is anything to make a fuss over.

But it is concerning that so many people have stopped looking for employment. Should we blame the media?
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by Weaponized
88,000 is still a lotta jobs

Got to wonder how many of them are on expiring contracts. How many are full-time jobs for an indeterminate period?

OT: Start the revolution
Quote by Godsmack_IV
Got to wonder how many of them are on expiring contracts. How many are full-time jobs for an indeterminate period?

OT: Start the revolution

Only a miniscule portion of the workforce in the US has any sort of contract...almost all jobs here are for an 'indeterminate period'...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
Only a miniscule portion of the workforce in the US has any sort of contract...almost all jobs here are for an 'indeterminate period'...

Still misleading to post up job creation stats without accounting for job destruction. Seems that 14% of the Canadian workforce is employed on a temp basis, would have assumed it to be a similar case south of the border.
Yeah, thanks Obama!
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG1570
Schecter Omen 6
ESP LTD Viper 400
Dean Dime From Hell

Amp
Peavey 5150
How can businesses create jobs when they are afraid of the dire consequences that sequestration will cause?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
From what I've been seeing in my area people aren't hiring because they either can't afford to hire new workers, or the people applying for the job are either under qualified or over qualified for the job so they won't hire them anyways.

It's really screwed up.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Should have picked Romney.
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
Quote by Jostry
Should have picked Romney.

Kind of idiotic to assume a president is directly related to job creation.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
I found a (full time) job last month. Although I didn't start until the first, so I don't think I can say I was technically one of those 88,000.

Sooo, basically everybody else is slacking. GET A JOB HIPPIES
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by megano28
Kind of idiotic to assume a president is directly related to job creation.

kind of idiotic to vote for obama. anybody with a tv can see from unbiased news sources how bad obama really is. i just thank the lord that some news channels (fox) still have enough integrity to challenge the status quo.
People think the President has more power than he really does. I mean, it's not like he can control the country's debt. Reducing a metric like this to one person is stupid.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by devourke
kind of idiotic to vote for obama. anybody with a tv can see from unbiased news sources how bad obama really is. i just thank the lord that some news channels (fox) still have enough integrity to challenge the status quo.

Do you see the problem there? I stated a pretty solid fact. The president of the US does not directly create jobs. That's a burden that the private sector mostly has to carry. Capitalism, **** yeah?

You came in with hurrdurr Obama is evil

Even if it was satire, that kind of stupidity has to be addressed. Someone could take it seriously
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Quote by EndThecRinge51

A month from now they'll go back and revise these numbers saying "oh wait it was actually better than we said initially."

That's what they do every time.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by megano28

Do you see the problem there? I stated a pretty solid fact.

the democrats state that obama's birth certificate is a fact as well, but we all know that man ain't from around here.

The president of the US does not directly create jobs. That's a burden that the private sector mostly has to carry. Capitalism, **** yeah?

i think bill o'reilly knows a little bit more about the economy than some random on the internet

You came in with hurrdurr Obama is evil

your words, not mine.

Even if it was satire, that kind of stupidity has to be addressed. Someone could take it seriously

heaven forbid that someone actually vote for the right candidate next election.
Quote by devourke
*stuff*

I think you made the mistake of assuming I was being 100% serious and was therefore going to argue with you. I even did a simple search to reassure myself that you were trying to troll.

0/10
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Quote by EndThecRinge51

fuck.

out of curiosity; what part of my post history revealed that I'm not actually an avid watcher of Fox news?

edit: i wish i could post under carnivean's account for like a week. shit would be so easy to work with.
Last edited by devourke at Apr 6, 2013,
I searched Obama and your name
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Quote by EndThecRinge51

just get your name changed to Carnivaen, devourke, and then copy his avatar
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by Carnivean
So record numbers of people have essentially given up looking for work, the economy didn't really grow at all over the last month, and job creation estimates weren't even half of what most economists predicted. This is seriously worrying me, and i expect it worries a lot of stock market speculators etc as well. What does the government need to do differently? How do we fix this problem? What needs to change? The country should theoretically be creating more and more jobs each month as we finally climb out of this recession, but its not.

Discuss.

Wow, America's unemployment is at 7%? God damn. That is awful.

Spanish unemployment.

Americans must be going through garbage to find food.
Can't get a job but want to stimulate the economy? Go to your local Ford dealership and buy the all new 2013 Ford Fusion, lock the doors, slam down a liter of Jack Daniels and drive that American made piece of crap right into a river or nearest brick wall at a high rate of speed. We need to stimulate the economy somehow people
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by TunerAddict
just get your name changed to Carnivaen, devourke, and then copy his avatar

what mod would support such an action?

surely only the coolest of the coolest of mods would support that action. and any mod that changed my name to Carnivaen would certainly go down in UG history as the coolest mod to ever mod *hint hint* (can mods even change names?)
Quote by Philip_pepper
Wow, America's unemployment is at 7%? God damn. That is awful.

Spanish unemployment.
(Invalid img)

Americans must be going through garbage to find food.

this is what happens when you make the age of consent 14. everyone's too busy being a pedophile to go out and get a job.
Quote by devourke
this is what happens when you make the age of consent 14. everyone's too busy being a pedophile to go out and get a job.

It's 13.

*boke*
Also, the unemployment rate only calculates the number of people that are out of work, but are still looking for work, and receiving money from the government.

The true unemployment rate is around 14%.
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
Quote by Jostry
Also, the unemployment rate only calculates the number of people that are out of work, but are still looking for work, and receiving money from the government.

The true unemployment rate is around 14%.

So in Spain, it should be higher than 27%? Like...50%?
Last edited by Philip_pepper at Apr 6, 2013,
Quote by Philip_pepper

Well around 32%, roughly 1 in 3. Youth unemployment is over 50% though. That's rough.

Meanwhile in Germany: 5% unemployment.
Last edited by Godsmack_IV at Apr 6, 2013,
Quote by Philip_pepper

What else do you expect from a bunch of lazy Hispanics?
Quote by Godsmack_IV
Well around 32%, roughly 1 in 3. Youth unemployment is over 50% though. That's rough.

Meanwhile in Germany: 5% unemployment.

Last edited by CoreysMonster at Apr 6, 2013,
Quote by bdof
What else do you expect from a bunch of lazy Hispanics?

I'm not gonna say that they are lazy or not...*cough*

But they definitely don't know how to economy. Unlike northern Spaniards. They got their shit in order.
Page 1 of 2