Page 1 of 2
I want to jam and start a band with a good drummer I met but I'm too embarrassed to go over their place with my Fender STARcaster (cheap student guitar) and my 10 watt amp. It's the only guitar and amp I have. I will probably be able to get better equipment in the next few months but I don't know what to do. What if the drummer makes fun of my gear? Or doesn't want to start a band with me cause my gear sucks. I'm not bad at guitar but my guitar and amp just sucks.

I've been playing for years and only just got a good guitar and my amp still sucks. Just go jam. I doubt they will care.

If he does, he's a douche
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Just whip out your penis.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
You're shitty guitar may be ok but you will probably want a louder amp/better sounding amp to keep up with him/not sound bollocks.
My first jam was with a squire with a B-52 solid state amp...drummer as loud as possible so i couldnt hear myself anyway...solid state amp cranked nearly to max didnt sound great, but then again no sound whatsoever sounded normal after I left his house...Go have fun...he wont be the drummer that forms a band with you and you all become famous, so just go screw around!

Are you of the drinking age??? give him some beers first!!! the drummer I first jammed with met me, heard me play, "sounds pretty awsome" he began to smoke some weed and eventually starting claiming I was the next Satch or Vai! ...and my tone with that rig...OH how i LOVED to scoop mids back then! it was a tin can mess and his dumb ass thought i was a GOD!
Last edited by WaltTheWerewolf at Apr 5, 2013,
It's ok TS, when I got my guitar I was using my brother's 10 watt amp. My parents decided to get me my own amp for my birthday and bought a line 6 spider.
Quote by Extra Ordinary
It's ok TS, when I got my guitar I was using my brother's 10 watt amp. My parents decided to get me my own amp for my birthday and bought a line 6 spider.

Yeah but dont do this. Don't buy that.
I'd get something else but I don't feel I'm good enough to justify buying anything else apart from strings.
If he gives you shit, just put your dick on his head. He'll know that he's wrong just from that.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by JaimeKil
I want to jam and start a band with a good drummer I met but I'm too embarrassed to go over their place with my Fender STARcaster (cheap student guitar) and my 10 watt amp. It's the only guitar and amp I have. I will probably be able to get better equipment in the next few months but I don't know what to do. What if the drummer makes fun of my gear? Or doesn't want to start a band with me cause my gear sucks. I'm not bad at guitar but my guitar and amp just sucks.

Hey bro, have you ever heard of the band the flat duo jets? If not then look them up on YouTube especially the song froggy went a' courtin'. All they ever used was a sears silvertone guitar and a little 10 watt amp and a drum set and still made it sound killer
If you're so worried, then wait to form a band until you have better gear.

I personally wouldn't worry about it though. Just jam. Yeah, your gear sucks. So what? It's your playing that matters.
I have a starcaster. It's pretty shit, but with a proper set up and if you remove the tremolo it's a decent guitar.
Compared to a real Strat it's a ****ing **** though.
I started with a cheap Yamaha starter pack. Still play it for nostalgia.

If he makes fun of you: (Do something gay with your dick and his face)
Quote by Axelfox
In b4 "what you really need is a new amp"

He does at some point lol xd what he will need is a new amp xd xd xd
furtitties
Quote by Extra Ordinary
I'd get something else but I don't feel I'm good enough to justify buying anything else apart from strings.

My whole guitar rig cost over $3500 and I suck

Also, my guitar playing is mediocre

OT: don't worry TS, I jammed with a squire strat and shitty frontman cheap-ass amp, it was fine.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
If God didn't want people to be gay why did he put a G spot in our asses?
Last edited by strait jacket at Apr 6, 2013,
Quote by Axelfox
In b4 "what you really need is a new amp"

Heh, first time ever this actually is relevant
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Whatever, tell him you plan on upgrading, but until then, just crank the little ****. It will probably be fine fore practice purposes.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
It wouldn't really matter about the guitar he probally wouldn't know anything about guitars but your amp may not be loud eough to be heard over an acoustic drum kit, just saying.
Even a 30 watt amp has trouble turned to the max
Drums are loud and very few drummers can play quietly, and if you playing rock hardcore or metal don't even think about asking him to play quieter
METAL!
The only thing you should ever be embarrassed about is poor muscianship

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Go to a rehearsal space that has good amps there and grab a few extra people singer, bass, 2nd guitar, drummer it will come out to about 5 bucks an hour less if you go on days they have specials.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by Xiaoxi
The only thing you should ever be embarrassed about is poor muscianship

Oh that's not true at all. I know plenty of people who should be embarrassed by their taste in music.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by JaimeKil

I highly doubt that there's a huge gap between you and the drummer. Now, even if there was, I'm pretty sure since he's a drummer, he's pretty oblivious to the brands of your gear. Finally, I doubt you've been playing that long to begin with. I'd make more fun of the kid with $2k+ gear with less than 6 months under his belt than the kid with $200 worth of gear, but he's been playing years.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
Quote by snipelfritz
Oh that's not true at all. I know plenty of people who should be embarrassed by their taste in music.

Like guys who like chopin. I mean, WTF WHO DOES THAT
Quote by snipelfritz

Well if you want to play that game, I'd lower my head in shame if I were you, along with 99% of UG.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Don't you have garages with equipment which you can rent for an hour or two for band practice?
ESP Horizon NT-II (Seymour Duncan) + Marshall JVM410C =

No pedals or any of that stuff, just a raw Marshall tone ran by my fingers!
If your drummer doesn't want to start a band with you purely because your gear sucks, then that drummer is an asshole. Ditto if he makes fun of you for it.

Heck, my first ever band practice I turned up with a barely functional guitar and an amp that had the speaker cone slashed. Nobody gave a damn because my playing was decent and I worked around the problems.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Tell him its a top of the line Starcaster and that you didn't want to bring your good amps because they are too heavy and loud for his tiny room.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Quote by soundgarden1986
If he makes fun of you, he's a jerk off.

This

If he pokes fun at you just cause you've got poor gear, you obviously shouldn't be a in a band with that kinda douche
Quote by snipelfritz

Can I include you in that statement?...

Quote by mystical_1
Tell him its a top of the line Starcaster and that you didn't want to bring your good amps because they are too heavy and loud for his tiny room.

Or you could, you know, not lie and therefore NOT make yourself into a big douche.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Apr 6, 2013,
I'm embarrassed that I spent so much money on equipment I barely use.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Yeah, who cares? Just jam. Yeah, if you want to play gigs, you'll need something louder, but it's nothing to "judge" you over. **** gear snobs. I've played shows with my bass plugged into my Spider IV when a bass amp wasn't available, and no one gave a shit (or at least, I didn't).

The way I see it: when it comes to music, it's best not to be embarassed about anything. Just go with the flow and have fun.
Last edited by MrDo0m at Apr 6, 2013,
A 10 solid state amp? Like a practice/starter model?

Unless the said drummer uses cardboard boxes for drums and slim-jims for sticks, don't expect to be heard consistently unless you are using a PA system with decent monitoring.

But seriously, if this is what you plan on doing frequently, consider getting a new amp, and later a new guitar. Peavey Vypyr Tube 60 and Ultra Plus combos go used for around $250 frequently.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
A 10 solid state amp? Like a practice/starter model?

Unless the said drummer uses cardboard boxes for drums and slim-jims for sticks, don't expect to be heard consistently unless you are using a PA system with decent monitoring.

Or, you know...he could turn the amp up. Yes, he probably won't always be heard over the drummer but so what?

But seriously, if this is what you plan on doing frequently, consider getting a new amp, and later a new guitar. Peavey Vypyr Tube 60 and Ultra Plus combos go used for around $250 frequently.

However, I wouldn't look at just those amps. I would look at something that fits TS's needs (which may or may not be either of those amps).
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Or, you know...he could turn the amp up. Yes, he probably won't always be heard over the drummer but so what?

However, I wouldn't look at just those amps. I would look at something that fits TS's needs (which may or may not be either of those amps).

My god, I just love when anyone in the Pit tries to talk about guitar gear, it's just so ridiculous it's hilarious.
Page 1 of 2