Ok. Any advice would be greatly appreciated here. I've been asking people for years and everyone has a different answer, which I'm sure will hold true on here. But I'm finally financially ready to make some music. My wife will be away doing research for 6 months, and I want to make her some "songs"--- we'll see. I've been playing for about 3 years and love it. Just jamming over top of music is so soothing and makes you forget all of your worries. i ****ing love making music with just my guitar, but I still haven't actually made any.

My current set up:

Pevey "telecaster"

Small Epiphone amp with one input.

small digitech effects pedal (which i hate, but dont know why, i mean it has some cool customization and a simple delay, but dont like it)

and thats basically it. acoustic, and a mic as well.

Objective:

To be able to make beats with a drum machine (analog.. NOT on computer), record them, play over top of them with guitar, and record. The problem is you can't play over multiple loops, just one.

Question 1:What is a simple way to record me playing over top of a drum machine?

Question 1a: Is USB tech better than like an analog 8 or 16 track? b. Is this because of ease of editing? c. Do most of these devices come with editing software?

Question 2: for most of those usb looping machines, do you need a sound card?

Question 3: is it difficult to install a sound card

Question 4: Will the 1 input thing not allow me to have a loop station and a drum machine going at same time?

Question 5: Tell me about drum machines...I've seen these drum pedals as well. whats the deal?

I know this a lot to handle, but honestly I'm still a guitar newbian, so take it easy on me...also when i say Im financially ready, thats an overstatement. Im still a blue collar guy who tries to do everything on the cheap, yet still try to obtain best quality 4 buck

Question 6: Is buying pedals and music equipment used online like ebay dodgy? I assume you'd want to be in person to try most of these things, unless new.

THANK YOU SO MUCH in advance!
Step one- Stop asking music related advice in this forums "off topic" section.
Step two- You need a new amp
Step three- **** your mother and/or sister.
Question 1:What is a simple way to record me playing over top of a drum machine?
Answer: with a microphone
Question 1a: Is USB tech better than like an analog 8 or 16 track? b. Is this because of ease of editing? c. Do most of these devices come with editing software?
Answer: yes, yes, yes
Question 2: for most of those usb looping machines, do you need a sound card?
answer: yes are you dumb
Question 3: is it difficult to install a sound card
answer:ARE YOU DUMB
Question 4: Will the 1 input thing not allow me to have a loop station and a drum machine going at same time?
answer:yes
Question 5: Tell me about drum machines...I've seen these drum pedals as well. whats the deal?
answer: they are machines that are drums? You are dumb
Quote by Wormholes

I smell a mullllteeeeeee
Quote by Wormholes

Dude seriously, who are you a multi of? So far, all your posts have been pretty condescending. I very much doubt someone who just joined would go around doing that.

It's not really funny either. I mean I share a dark sense of humor, but it's not funny. Though I'm not sure if you're trying to be either.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Apr 5, 2013,
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Dude seriously, who are you a multi of? So far, all your posts have been pretty condescending. I very much doubt someone who just joined would go around doing that.

It's not really funny either. I mean I share a dark sense of humor, but it's not funny. Though I'm not sure if you're trying to be either.

Long time lurker. It's pretty easy to figure out forum lingo by withing in hour or reading some of it's threads