Well I own a Marshall DSL40c Combo and one Gibson Les Paul Studio 50's tribute. Recently I get one Suhr riot distortion pedal.I have heard that it sounds brilliant but in my amp it sucks I had already tried lots of combinations but nothing...Have you got any idea for amp or pedal settings?Thanks properly
You might just prefer your amp's built-in distortion to the pedal's distortion. Why did you buy the pedal? Weren't you satisfied with your amp's distortion tone?

But if you want to find a tone that you like, start with every knob at 5.

Are you running it through your clean or distortion channel?
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
What exactly do you NOT like about it?
Compared to your amp's OD channel.
Also, not supposing that you're stupid or something, but where did you place it in your signal chain and how did you set it?

Other than that, yeah, I don't exactly get why you bought one.
The Suhr Riot is supposed to give you that hot-rodded Marshall type of tone, which is the tone your DSL already does..
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
what's wrong with your amp's tone? assuming you just want a bit more, an od pedal might be a better idea to push your amp's od channel.

that being said, don't give up on the riot just yet. have you tried it over the clean channel or over the od channel? running the pedal at lower distortion settings over your amp's od channel might sound great if you haven't tried that already.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Oh yeah, make sure you run it in front of your amp, not in the FX loop. Distortion pedals don't really work well in FX loop. FX loop is for modulation and delay/reverb pedals. Not sure if you used the FX loop though but I said this just in case.

And yeah, as Dave said, you can use it as a boost by turning the pedal's gain down and volume up and running it through your distortion channel.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
^ good point about not running it in the loop.

and yeah roll the gain back and compensate with the level to make it work (sort of) more like a boost if you're using it over the od channel.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
thanks for all the advice
well my amp has a great distortion channel but it wants to be very loud to hear it like this :/
I am inspired of my brothers pedalboard who owned this pedal and it was brilliant. After lots of hours I get the sound I wanted to.I set down and checking all the nobs settings
ps .no I am not using it in FX
yep. tube amps like to be turned up. all setups are not equal and it is one big equation. what amp does he use?

in the end, many find that if they are unhappy with their amp, they turn to pedals. the pedals just dont sound like an amp. so, the solution its drop serious cash on an amp that gets you the tones.

unfortunately, many dont have that option. for your credit, the DSL and the riot are two very nice peices of gear.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
ah sweet, glad you're happy

if you don't like the sound of your amp's overdrive channel at lower volumes, you could try using an overdrive boost pedal- something like a boss sd1 or a tubescreamer (or one of the many cheaper clones). that often helps low volume OD tones.

Before spending any money, try it with your suhr riot- roll the gain back a bit on the amp's od channel, and also set the gain on the riot pretty low, but the level pretty high (don't do this on the clean channel or you'll blow your ears out, lol).

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
He uses a fender deluxe reverb :P
I am starting fixxing more and more the amp with the pedal
I want to build a hole pedalboard so i am going to have and delay and a booster
thanks a lot
no problem
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?