Hi!

I got an Epiphone SG Special(The one with 1 volume 1 tone pot) and i want to put it in a Seymour Duncan SH-6 Distortion
Exactly this one:
http://www.thomann dot de/es/seymour_duncan_ssh6_set_distortion_mayhem.htm
, can it be done?
Put it on spoiler because i dont know if i can post a link , if i cant, please remove it.
If the answers is yes, how? I'm pretty new to guitar but i know how to use a soldering iron.

Thanks in advance!
You can, each pickup comes with a wiring diagram to show you what to do
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
should be fine, if you can solder it should be fairly simple.

do you want the distortion set, though? a lower output neck pickup might be a better idea for some versatility. Granted the set will be cheaper than two different pickups.

what amp are you using? that has a bigger effect on your overall tone than the pickups.

also what type(s) of music will you be playing with it?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Given that I've owned one of the Epiphone Specials I'm going to tell you to just put that money towards a new guitar. They really have no use in keeping around let alone upgrading.

But to answer your question, they usually include a diagram. And if not, then I know that Seymour Duncan has about every combination of number of pickups, tones, and volumes imaginable.
Quote by Dave_Mc
should be fine, if you can solder it should be fairly simple.

do you want the distortion set, though? a lower output neck pickup might be a better idea for some versatility. Granted the set will be cheaper than two different pickups.

what amp are you using? that has a bigger effect on your overall tone than the pickups.

also what type(s) of music will you be playing with it?

+1
I'm Mitch, I like making guitar and bass gear reviews/comparisons on YouTube
YouTube

I play bass in an instrumental band called Beyond the Woods
Facebook
Twitter
Hi, thanks for writing back!

I'm looking at the diagram but its for a 4 pots guitar, how can i wire it in a 2 pots guitar?( one volume, one tone) i feel a bit dumb right now :/

Any help?

EDIT:
I think i got it, is THIS diagram good for my guitar?
Last edited by cafmil at Apr 6, 2013,
First tell us which amp you are using and what kind of music you are playing.
The whole pickup swap might not even be a good idea.

Also, I have an Epiphone SG Special as well and I wouldn't call it a guitar worth to upgrade.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Just take note of how your current pick up is wired and put the new one in the same. Buy the pick up used so you dont burn as much cash on it. And also what amp do you have?
"evil esteban"
if this thing melts again i'm takin' it to bugera headquarters, puttin' a bag of fecal matter on it, ringin' the doorbell and flippin the switch from "standby" to "on", and running.

"tubetime86"
This wasnt even a cool story... Bro.
Hi!

I'm playing through a peavey bandit 112 from 1995( Sheffield speaker ), and i play mostly thrash,System of a Down and would like to play Pantera tunes but man, freaking Dimebag .

The pickups are free to me because a friend of me is going to gift em to me, so no money put there. I cant upgrade neither the amp or the guitar right now or even in a long time because we're having bad times here in Spain

Thanks all of you!
Last edited by cafmil at Apr 7, 2013,
ah right if you're getting them free then go for it.

sorry to hear about spain
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?