Hey guys.

I'm currently experimenting with a new solo project. It involves a backing track that I'm playing with my Digitech JamMan. The JamMan only supports mono files (it's the old model) which is fine because I don't need a click track or anything, I just need to hear the backing track.

However, I'd ideally like to have it playing through headphones so I can really hear it properly. I'm yet to explore the possibility of running the JamMan through the PA and then getting it sent to headphones.

Instead, I'm thinking can I get a splitter cable and have the JamMan's signal split with one cable going to my headphones and one to the PA? What will the result be of splitting a mono signal like this? Will it even work?

Any advice appreciated and thanks in advance!
Quote by wilfred_jr
However, I'd ideally like to have it playing through headphones so I can really hear it properly. I'm yet to explore the possibility of running the JamMan through the PA and then getting it sent to headphones.

there are lots of ways to do this, you need to consider your own personal needs (or your group's needs) to find what will work best for you.

but you usually setup headphone monitoring sometime before it is actually sent to the PA.

Quote by wilfred_jr
Instead, I'm thinking can I get a splitter cable and have the JamMan's signal split with one cable going to my headphones and one to the PA? What will the result be of splitting a mono signal like this? Will it even work?

Any advice appreciated and thanks in advance!

really you are trying to get to types of signals out of the same output. you want one signal to be line level and sent to a PA, you want the other signal to power your headphones. taking one signal and splitting it right at the output to try to do both of those tasks would be problematic and bad practice.

the best way to handle what you are talking about then you may want to consider a small mixer. this will allow you to send the looper into the mixer and route one output to the PA and have a separate headphone output with it's own leveling control.

if you are playing in a band situation you usually have larger mixer with everyone going into the mixer. at that point you will generally have a 'headphone station' with like 4 or 6 headphone outputs that allow you to make custom mixes (levels and instruments) for each musician.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by gumbilicious

the best way to handle what you are talking about then you may want to consider a small mixer. this will allow you to send the looper into the mixer and route one output to the PA and have a separate headphone output with it's own leveling control.

That sounds like the perfect solution. Thank you!