I have always wanted to learn about social psychology, you know, controlling people and shit. I have googled the hell out of the internet, and I didn't get any useful information on topic.

Does anyone in The Pit have any experience with Social Psychology? Maybe give me some objectively written books? (not those moralistic bullshit about 'why people are bad' or anything like that, I need real people manipulation)

Thanks in advance
Quote by ChemicalFire
You get my first ever lolstack

The image in my head is just too funny for words at this point

Aw yeah.
Why do you want to manipulate people?
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I'm doing a free course right now on coursera.org called Beginner's Guide to Irrational Behaviour, provided by a Duke university professor and I think it's pretty much exactly what you're looking for. Each week you get some videos, some reading and some quizzes to make. It's in week 2 right now, but you can still join in and catch up.
White Male wanting to study social psychology? How about checking dat privilege?
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
See that guy?

He's not doing that because he wants to. He's doing it because that other guy made him think he wants to.

There, I have successfully given you the same amount of information any social psychology course would. $1,000 please.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
I'm currently studying social psychology for an exam and I can safely say that you don't know what social psychology is.

Even if you did know what social psychology is, you don't want to learn about social psychology.
Quote by necrosis1193
See that guy?

He's not doing that because he wants to. He's doing it because that other guy made him think he wants to.

There, I have successfully given you the same amount of information any social psychology course would. $1,000 please.

This
Quote by homeless-john
I'm currently studying social psychology for an exam and I can safely say that you don't know what social psychology is.

Even if you did know what social psychology is, you don't want to learn about social psychology.

Looks like someone takes himself a little too seriously.
Quote by Jyrgen
This

Oh wow that sig
I remember that thread.
You were being a needy little jackass.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by homeless-john

Came in here to say that.
Quote by JustRooster
Looks like someone takes himself a little too seriously.

Social Psychology is just a really terrible subject and I've been studying it way too much lately and I'm just bitter about the whole damn thing.

OT: I'm sure Derren Brown has books, just read them I guess. I'd reckon they'd have something relevant to what you're looking for or at least give you a jumping off point.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Oh wow that sig
I remember that thread.
You were being a needy little jackass.

I'm still kinda pissed off about all dem harsh replies!
Quote by homeless-john
Social Psychology is just a really terrible subject and I've been studying it way too much lately and I'm just bitter about the whole damn thing.

OT: I'm sure Derren Brown has books, just read them I guess. I'd reckon they'd have something relevant to what you're looking for or at least give you a jumping off point.

No worries. I'd be frustrated if I was forced into the subject.
Quote by supersac
you know who manipulates people real good
batman

become batman

bateman.

I read that as bateman...
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Become a very sexy woman

All straight men are now your puppets, enjoy
I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in
Quote by frankv
I'm doing a free course right now on coursera.org called Beginner's Guide to Irrational Behaviour, provided by a Duke university professor and I think it's pretty much exactly what you're looking for. Each week you get some videos, some reading and some quizzes to make. It's in week 2 right now, but you can still join in and catch up.

Can't make the quiz for week 1 anymore though. I looked at it, but basically if you read one of his books you get the exact same information that is in the course.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by homeless-john

Do you enjoy being in debt and blowing your money on knowledge that is practically useless in the real world?
Social Engineering: The Art of Human Hacking by Paul Wilson and Chris Hadnagy
Tricks of the Mind by Derren Brown
Emotion Revealed: Understanding Faces and Feelings by Paul Ekman
Unmasking the Face: A Guide to Recognising Emotions from Facial Expressions by Paul Ekman
Current Gear
-----------------
Washburn WI66 Pro //
Ibanez Prestige SA1260 //
Schecter C1 Blackjack //
Fernandes Ravelle Elite //
Wahburn HB35 Semi-Hollowbody
Blackstar HT40