Hey guys, so I noticed the other day that two of the 4 tubes (pretty sure they are the 6l6's) in my renegade weren't really as lit up as the other 2. Are the 6l6's not supposed to be as lit up as the EL34's? All the tubes in it are made by egnater.

Also, can it damage my amp if I keep playing for a bit with the tubes in this condition?
don't quote me on this, but i don't think the brightness is normally anything to worry about. as long as they're lit up, it's probably ok.

Now... if you have any other reasons to think that there might be something wrong with the tubes (the usual suspects... loss of volume, etc. etc. etc.) then that's different. But if the only thing wrong is the brightness... I don't think it matters.

As i said, though, don't quote me. I'm no amp tech. There are other guys round here who know way more about this than I do, so wait to see what they say.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I am not an amp tech either but Dave is right.

Unless they are glowing super hot red or super bright you should be fine.

Sometimes, I actually think my power tubes don't shine bright enough....which makes me play harder

But seriously, even from one tube to another you will notice. In addition you care comparing a 6L6 set adn EL34 set so I would expect some variance there.

There real test (that would be awesome) would be to get a high quality camera on those and switch back and forth between the two. Like cranked the **** up and the lights off and ****.
^
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I had a renegade and noticed the same thing. Unless your hearing some weird, there's no problems there!