Page 1 of 2
i officially suck at gifs

so first i gotta thank harold who found it on digimart and suggested i contact dangerdog if i wanted it. huge thanks harold.

i also have to thank meestursparkle aka dangerdog. i couldn't be happier with the service i got. he picked it up, sent great quality pics because he happend to be set up for it - bonus, weighed and shipped it fast, very well packed, like hurricane proof well packed. i don't have to buy bubble wrap for a year. seriously.

here's what he sent me, his is pictured in the pics with two of them. he scored one as well.

SlickPic - Jamesporter's Gallery

thank you james, i really appreciate it and congrats on yours!

here's the take.

according to the warranty card it's a BFV-2010K.

got a bit of flame in there.

Last edited by gregs1020 at Aug 3, 2013,

REVIEW: The guitar is stupid light, i almost worried about the wind knocking it over when i was taking pics outside. and it's not thaat windy. just under 6 pounds

the fit and finish is as good as i've seen. it stacks up there with PRS, Anderson, Suhr, and about every custom shop guitar i've played or owned.

the neck isn't as thick as i expected. without measuring it's slightly thicker than a typical R0 but not by much. it's in my goldylocks zone for sure.

pick ups are the Bacchus BRH-1 set with an alnico 3 bridge, alnico 5 neck. i suck about as bad at describing pick ups as i do at making gifs but they are fat and open sounding, they match very well, and the bridge is more balanced than mid heavy. they sing and i won't be changing a thing.

the finish is nitro at least on the top coat as it's starting to blemish the edges of the v at their ends where some leather inside the bag makes contact. i'm looking at those skb bag/hard cases.

Thanks for checking out my NGD thread!
Finally some decent pics!

Gorgeous guitar.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Korina is nice too
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
haha shit. I only use a tablet and it has predictive text... Hopefully it's a North Korea (aka best Korea) V.
greg is your bacchus to blame for the current tensions in the region? kim jong-un wants a bacchus but can only get an epiphone?

seriously though, that's beyond awesome.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I love me some V.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
If I ever succumb to V-Fever, hopefully, I'll find one as cool as that one! HNVD!

...wait, that don't look right...
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
thanks big time guys

epiphones will piss some people off, they're mahogany with a korina veneer.
Hopefully it's a North Korea (aka best Korea) V.

No. The BEST Korea is Norse Korea! (Current leader: Kim Jong Uller)
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Apr 6, 2013,
Will you be posting sound clips?

Will you...rock us with Bacchus?

man i wish i had that kemper i'd find a way to record a clip for mr cathbard.

i may try that.

a clip is not out of the question.

:hmm:
This V is beyond awesomeness!

HNGD!
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Those pair of legs... -bites lips-
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Nice Greg!

Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
Quote by gregs1020
thanks big time guys

epiphones will piss some people off, they're mahogany with a korina veneer.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
thanks everyone, really happy with it.

Quote by Ippon
Congrats!

How's that gigbag? Getting a proper hard case?

it's a serious gig bag, aside the leather eating at the finish of the tips of the v.

i'm thinking i'll get one of those skb hardshell bag things. kind of a bag/case hybrid?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/SKB-V-Type-Guitar-Soft-Case-502464-i1473072.gc
Last edited by gregs1020 at Apr 7, 2013,
I think I said I don't dig this shape in another thread.
I'm going to have to delete that comment.
That thing is ridiculously awesome! HNGD!!!
OffsetOffset
This would be amazing with no pickguard.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Just thinking how awesome that thing as an Explorer would be.

Love how it looks, but I'm not THAT much of a Flying V-guy.
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Nice V, love the grain on it. HNGD!!!
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Beautiful guitar Greg.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
That tree gave birth to that guitar then you weighed it?

It's not a real baby, man.

HNGD! IT'S THE SHIT!
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Quote by JustRooster
Ippon, that case is hideous, haha.

Hideous, like most protection, condoms, etc.; but, it offers protection! For such a nice guitar, I'd go hard case vs. anything else, like tube vs. SS, etc.
thanks guys.

if the soft case (which aren't really that soft, they are form fitted to the guitar) are as sturdy as the one i remember then i'll be good with that.
Quote by JesusCrisp
Aaaaaand the GAS started.

there was one of those a couple weeks ago for about $600 plus shipping. so roughly $750 to your door. that was a stupid good deal.
Quote by gregs1020
thanks guys.

if the soft case (which aren't really that soft, they are form fitted to the guitar) are as sturdy as the one i remember then i'll be good with that.

there was one of those a couple weeks ago for about $600 plus shipping. so roughly $750 to your door. that was a stupid good deal.

Damn...
ATM I don't have enough money anyway, in a month or two maybe, but first I think that I have to get my priorities right.
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Gorgeous. HNGD!
Quote by treborillusion
Low end Epiphone = fire wood.

LTD Surveyor 4
Kramer Imperial