Page 1 of 2
I went to this Guitar Shop yesterday.

First time in a long time.

I've been playing acoustic almost every day, it's kind of like my therapy.

I'm not sure why, but for the past year or so my mind's been stuck on Fender Jaguars. They're nothing mind-blowing but something about them made me really drawn to them. I've caught myself drooling a little bit looking at guitarists playing with them. They just so happened to have some nice ones there in that store that day.

I looked at the price tag. It was a decent price. I could pay for it, right there and then. It would be economically viable for me to do so.

I asked if I could play it for a bit and the store dude set me up a Marshall and a cable. I played around with it for 5 or 10 minutes. Maybe less, maybe more. I'm not sure. You know what it's like when you're fooling around.

I then put the guitar back where it was and went home.

I could have bought that fucker but there was no excitement about it. I've lost that buzz that comes from guitars. I still play them but I don't get the same excitement exploring them that I did when I first started 9 years ago. What the hell?

Have you guys experienced this? I'm not sure if this is normal or if it's a result of being a bit depressed.
What you really need is a new attitude.

And a new amp.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Nah, I reckon part of growing up is realizing the guitar is gay.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Nah, I reckon part of growing up is realizing the guitar is gay.

Guitars are the only constant in my life. Without them, life is nothing.

Give me the money and i'll buy the guitar for you.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
It comes and goes with me. Sometimes I'll see an awesome band play that just really makes me want to play and make music. Many times I've come home from a show just itching to play because I'm just in the right mood, and it'll last for weeks or months. Then some days I couldn't care less and won't touch my guitar for days.
Last.fm So you can make fun of my taste in music
Youtube So you can make fun of my videos
You can only be amused by playing 4 chords and/or mindless riffs for so long

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quit being a bitch and being depressed. Go back to the music store, get the guitar and rock out with your **** out. Then you'll feel better. You go through up and downs playing guitar, but if you let opportunity slip, like buying that guitar, you'll have nothing but regrets and not have any fun.
you're never as free as when you are lost
Quote by Philip_pepper
Guitars are the only constant in my life. Without them, life is nothing.

Start watching Breaking Bad. That can be your new thing.

Although once it ends this summer you'll have to find a new thing again.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by GuitarQ33r0
Quit being a bitch and being depressed. Go back to the music store, get the guitar and rock out with your **** out. Then you'll feel better. You go through up and downs playing guitar, but if you let opportunity slip, like buying that guitar, you'll have nothing but regrets and not have any fun.

So hardcore.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by ErikLensherr

See, in your high school or your course at uni do you have a guy who wears Breaking Bad T shirts? Who makes references to Breaking Bad that most people don't understand? Who posts BrBa memes on his Facebook?

I am that guy.
Try something new, and wait and buy the guitar, always buy the guitar, don't think, just buy, all these commas are giving me a coma. snap.
This sig will self-destruct in 5 seconds.

Hot e-cousin of girlgerms007

I love Tracie.

Soundcloud
I get you TS. I noodle on my acoustic every once in awhile, but I don't have much time to get my Electric out. For the first time ever I have more than enough money to upgrade my setup, but I can't justify it so haven't bothered.

My guitar needs fixing (I think the wiring is going) but I can't be bothered to because I don't play it really.

I have a feeling that when my parents are away in about a week I'll get to fixing it and getting back into it. it's one of those things that comes and go.
Quote by ErikLensherr

Philip, I know what you mean. I went through that phase (and most likely will again) but you just have to fight through it. I think you should buy a new guitar to re-inspire you. That always helps.
try finding out if your music preference has changed. I have been into playing metal for awhile now but recently I have found a strong interest in neoclassical stuff (yngwie, Jason becker, etc.) This has made me change what I want to learn on guitar and has reenergized my desire to play. I have gone months without touching my guitar and that not acceptable.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Give me the money and i'll buy the guitar for you.

Give me the money and I'll buy a pedal steel guitar for me.

Quote by Xiaoxi
You can only be amused by playing 4 chords and/or mindless riffs for so long

Try telling that to every rock band ever.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Try being in a band.
Try writing music.
Try recording music.
Learn a different instrument for a change of habits.
Try bass guitar.
Actually LEARN bass guitar.
Become interested in drums.
Go from drums to beats.
Be all gansta' an shit.
Congratulations, you are now Dr. Dre, and also know how to play guitar. You are Super Dr. Dre.
Quote by ErikLensherr

Or even better, he can try the new thang that God is doing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ppisOulgG0
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Quote by CoreysMonster
Try being in a band.
I'd love to, but I got uni, no method of transport, and the people I know who play instruments are among the most untalented people I've met.

Try writing music.
Actually wanna try this as a hobby.

Try recording music.
Ok, how can I actually do this with a computer at home? I don't have a recording studio, but surely there must be software out there to do this. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Learn a different instrument for a change of habits.
Try bass guitar.
Got one.
Actually LEARN bass guitar.
Yep, love it.
Become interested in drums.
If I didn't live in Scotchland, I would.

Go from drums to beats.
Be all gansta' an shit.
I could start rapping.

Congratulations, you are now Dr. Dre, and also know how to play guitar. You are Super Dr. Dre.

Is Dr. Dre an actually doctor?
Why aspire to be Dr Dre when you can aspire to be Dr Octagon?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Philip_pepper
Is Dr. Dre an actually doctor?

Probably not anymore. I hear he got a hefty lawsuit after Eminem was rocking that table he was operating on.

Also, wanna record? Look for a cheap four track from somewhere. Doesn't have to sound studio quality when you start out. It's once you find a passion for it that you start forking out for condenser mics and the likes.
Last edited by SG_dave at Apr 6, 2013,
Nope, I still get fucking excited thinking about getting new guitars. I'm still playing the same guitar I got for my 14th birthday.
Nevermind that Dr. Dre crap.

You want to quit guitar yet, you've never tried writing music?
Recording music- You have a computer- Google it! Garage Band, Frooty Loops - Fukk man. Youtube it.

Use your resources. AKA- The internet. You've presented your problem very well. It's like walking into a library and asking if there's anything to read.

Edit: Or buy yourself a 4 track recorder. Ebay man. Ebay.

Seems to me you haven't given yourself a fair chance to succeed.
Last edited by Dimarzio45 at Apr 6, 2013,
Had that feel about 7 years ago, never played again...
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist

You should probably change your username to theformerguitarist.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Quote by Dimarzio45
Nevermind that Dr. Dre crap.

You want to quit guitar yet, you've never tried writing music?
Recording music- You have a computer- Google it! Garage Band, Frooty Loops - Fukk man. Youtube it.

Use your resources. AKA- The internet. You've presented your problem very well. It's like walking into a library and asking if there's anything to read.

Edit: Or buy yourself a 4 track recorder. Ebay man. Ebay.

Seems to me you haven't given yourself a fair chance to succeed.

Aiight, I'm gonna give that stuff a shot. Just a question though, how can I add drums to a recording for example?
Quote by Philip_pepper
Aiight, I'm gonna give that stuff a shot. Just a question though, how can I add drums to a recording for example?

I normally use the program "reason" but...I'm gonna let other people answer that for you because Reason is pretty complex when it comes to drums. I know other people around here know of more simpler programs to use as I am not too familiar with them - I went from using drum machines to Reason...But I'll make sure you get an answer if nobody else helps you out...
Quote by Philip_pepper

If you record digitally there's plenty of drum programs out there, google is your friend since I'm assuming forking out for Ableton is kinda out of the question.

If you record analog, there's plenty of drum machines for cheap. Lots of pedals have built in drum machines now, but they're generally the higher end ones.
Maybe you should try listening to some different music. And I don't mean like listening to another band in you genre but something completely different. If you like rock and a bit punk try stuff like prog-metal (Meshuggah, Tool, Dream Theater or something) classical (Bach, Chopin and Haydn) and jazz/funk (Snarky Puppy, Becker Brothers and Charlie Parker)

Helped me getting inspired a few years ago...
Quote by theguitarist

You are the mod to a site called "Ultimate Guitar" but.......ahhh nevermind. LAME
Page 1 of 2