Here's a tip for you: if you play guitar on the street, you might get hit by a car.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I take it that this is the next step in your dreams of making it? Bravo, TS, bravo.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
fuck the fuck yeah, we usually make about 20$ every time we go out, between 3 people thats like 6 $ each or something. i found if you play songs like black bird by the beatles or africa by toto then more people will generally stop by and give more.

I dont advisee you play whatever scene music youre into if you plan on doing it for the money.

but I dont do it for the money I do it to bring music to tha streetz yo

EDIT: Also, the more the merrier
I won't slave for beggars pay, likewise gold and jewels. But I would slave to learn the way, to sink your ship of fools.
Last edited by luvs2gro at Apr 6, 2013,
Quote by luvs2gro
fuck the fuck yeah, we usually make about 20$ every time we go out, between 3 people thats like 6 $ each or something. i found if you play songs like black bird by the beatles or africa by toto then more people will generally stop by and give more.

I dont advisee you play whatever scene music youre into if you plan on doing it for the money.

but I dont do it for the money I do it to bring music to tha streetz yo

EDIT: Also, the more the merrier

I just hope that you and your little friends have your parents supervising you when you are out on tha streetz.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
I just hope that you and your little friends have your parents supervising you when you are out on tha streetz.

Actually we sit on this planter thingy on the corner here....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34152329@N06/3474331672/

Sorry the pic is from the 90's the only one i could find that shows our spot
I won't slave for beggars pay, likewise gold and jewels. But I would slave to learn the way, to sink your ship of fools.
I was sitting outside my friend's house once waiting for him to get home and had my guitar with me. I got bored so I just laid back and played a little bit, not thinking much of it. People walking by kind of just started leaving money on my case (which wasn't open towards them or in any way suggesting itself as donation box). I can't remember how much I made exactly, but apparently enough to get me a footlong at subway that same day. Pretty good for messing around for 20 minutes, but by no means serious cash if thats what you're looking for.

I should start playing outside everyday, though.
I was walking around with my town with my mates once, and I had a guitar with me since they liked my playing (somehow).
Was waiting for one of the guys to come out of a store, and people started throwing coins at my feet
Who knew an acoustic interpretation of Burzum's Ea, Lord of the Depths could make you money
Quote by angusfan16
No but i have played the skin flute

*sigh* Damn it Nappa.

My exfriends and I would take a walk through our town with guitar in hand and just...play and sing. It was the dumbest shit ever, but also very ****in fun. We'd walk, I'd play a chord progression and we'd sing about shit we'd see.
Quote by Philip_pepper
We'd walk, I'd play a chord progression and we'd sing about shit we'd see.

A friend of mine used to that around the high school. Were some of the funniest moments of my life.
For how can I give the King his place of worth above all else
when I spend my time striving to place the crown upon myself?
Not guitar, Trombone. Usually people are tired of seeing guitarists. But if its a trombone or something a little more rare, you tend to get more.
Quote by christfudge
Joe Satriani + Kirk Hammett = Joe Satriani

Quote by Vornik
I got really drunk, dropped some acid and found myself about 12 feet away from a black bear. Though you should know.
It sucks because most cities have outlawed that. A lot of musicians used to be able to survive that way.
I was in sf with my friend and we were playing geetur by this venue waiting on friends for hella days and we got free beer out of playing geetur. and we werent even 21

Uh... Iv made pocket change over by safeway a few times but i was with friends. All my friends play instruments. Too bad they arent my friends anymore. Douchebags...

I might play geetur in santa cruz once of these days but it sounds horrible.
Quote by Xiaoxi
I take it that this is the next step in your dreams of making it? Bravo, TS, bravo.

So iv found that modes and scales are actually quite useful to my playing. Il be learning a song, ie song of solomon, and i saw that tosin straight up plays the Eblocrian scale. It was cool that i picked up on it and since i knew exactly what he was playing, i knew how to improv over it for a solo/jam. Same goes for other songs. It helps in learning and figuring out music by ear.

It helps immensly in performing covers. Also gives me things to practice. Chromatics dont help in playing because nobody plays chromatics, unless youre playing jazz or maybe blues. So having muscle memory of scales is excellent for performing.
There's this guy who regularly plays saxophone outside the mall food court across the street from where I work. One time I was standing outside smoking a cig and I started to think, "hey, that melody sounds familiar." Then I realized it was So Fresh, So Clean by Outkast. It was pretty cool. I think I gave him a dollar in quarters or something.

I've always got mad change on me. It's not good that I work downtown, but I've gotten pretty good just being like "sorry I don't have anything."
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by captainsnazz
I follow the chronicles of CaptainCanti with great interest and fervour. Great things are ahead, my lulz senses are tingling.

Eh, I wouldn't say any lulz. Near future is gonna be more character deaths, season finale, ect. Gonna get pretty boring, or depressing, or something.

Idk, man.

Stay tuned.
this house is bitchin
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
Chromatics dont help in playing because nobody plays chromatics, unless youre playing jazz or maybe blues.

wat
I bring my acoustic when I take my dog to the park or out to a lake, its not the streets but its in a public place.

I just play to practice and let the dog run around but sometimes people wander over and listen. I don't put out a can for money because then i'd feel its more of a job than hobby, and play what other people want rather than what I want to practice.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.