Budget? - Max of around 900 usd

Genres? - Garage or indie rock. White Stripes, Black Keys, the Killers, the Front Bottoms, etc...

New or Used? - Either, but I have no qualms with going used and usually prefer it.

Home or Gig? - Home/small gigs

Closest City? - Washington DC

Current Gear? - POD HD500, Ibanez Prestige RG 3570z

I've been looking at the Fender Princeton Reverb 65' Reissue and the Line 6 DT25. I might sell the POD HD500, not sure.

Any advice, recommendations, or experiences would be appreciated.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
I would personally recommend a Fender Blues Deluxe (I think the reissues go new for like 750ish or something), which a good friend of mine has one and loves it and plays it everywhere. You'd have to keep a close eye on volume though, if you're playing at home, it can crank.
I agree with a Fender or a Vox. If you go Fender you can find silverface models for around your budget, even less. If you go Fender and can save some money grab a pedal or two. If you go with an AC30 you might not need a pedal right away depending on what you are thinking about for your tone
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
I've found that I can basically get a 65' Princeton Reverb Reissue, a 65' Deluxe Reverb Reissue, or a 65' Twin Reverb Reissue for $700.

Pros/Cons?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
out of those three go with the DRRI, you'll need some pedals to get some of the overdriven sounds.
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
Quote by TunerAddict
I've found that I can basically get a 65' Princeton Reverb Reissue, a 65' Deluxe Reverb Reissue, or a 65' Twin Reverb Reissue for $700.

Pros/Cons?

For your uses I wouldn't get the Princeton.

Both the Deluxe and the Twin are pretty nice and you can't go wrong with either really. The Deluxe is going to break up easy and give you a nice overdriven sound, while the Twin will stay clean unless you REALLY crank it (8+ I don't recommend it doing it though, personal experience). Just play both and see which one you like the best.

I would personally go with the Twin Reverb if I were you. You can always just use pedals for dirt (which is what a lot of garage/indie bands do).
http://www.vintageguitaramplifiers.net/for-sale/rca-mi-12156-6l6-vintage-tube-amplifier-guitar-amp/5085/
I believe that this is the type of amp head he uses now, albeit along with a Twin, and with chickenhead knobs.
http://i45.tinypic.com/358o0id.jpg