Poll: Have You broken a guitar string while playing?
Poll Options
View poll results: Have You broken a guitar string while playing?
No, I just change them due to age/sound.
5 20%
Yes, I have broken a string while playing.
16 64%
Yes, AND a string break has happened during a live show.
4 16%
Voters: 25.
Hey everyone! Im going to be taking a survey for a presentation I have to give, so any feedback is helpful. Its simple, the poll is just on whether or not you have broken a guitar or bass string while playing, and if so, was it during a performance. Thanks!
Never broken an electric string.

Broken plenty acoustic strings.

Never performed.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
I think the strings I got for my cuatro are very, very cheap because I've already busted 2 and I put way less hours on that thing than I do my electric and acoustic. I have popped a string on both of those before, too, though.
I break strings all the time. And definitely during shows.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Never broken strings
Barely ever change my strings
When I first started playing, I was using factory strings from a fake strat for 3 years without any problems

The joys of fingerpicking
i dont often break strings but i keep my guitars well set up and i use 13 on acoustic and 10s and 11 on electric

usually break strings on my acoustic when im trying out different tunings or when i doze out while tuning and tunr a bit too far
I almost never break strings from playing. Every time it has happened was because of me being an idiot and tuning too high by accident, or because a burr formed on the saddles or tuning peg.

I'm pretty good with strings overall. I don't sweat that much and I don't have acidic skin so strings for me last a long time. I change strings maybe 3 or 4 times a year when they finally wear out or start to feel gritty.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
I've broken the most while tuning up after changing strings. I may have broken one or two while playing. Never broken any live.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.