Hi fellas,

While hunting for a new guitar today I came across a Jackson Soloist at my local music store. As it was a used guitar the salesman was unsure of which model it was. I remember it had a locking tremolo and Seymour Duncan pickups except for the top pickup, which he explained is a special kind of magnetic pickup that guitarists like Dimebag Darrell used to get great sounding dives. If anyone knows which model this is I'd love to know, thanks
I know it. It's called the 'Jackson Soloist It's All About Your Technique' model.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
My half serious answer is why the hell would you ever want to sound like Dime? He had the worst guitar tone ever, i could replicate CFH perfectly on a Fender Frontman with scooped mids. I can do it so easily on such a terrible amp because his tone on CFH is terrible.

But seriously, most Jackson's with passive Duncans have a '59 in the neck. But getting great harmonics is more about having good technique and a good amp than your pickups.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Apr 7, 2013,
No idea. What model is it?
Quote by TheSennaj
If it's actually an SL3 then buy that shit.
Quote by TheSennaj
Even more so.

Can you actually tell if it really is an SL3?
Quote by TheSennaj
Does it have anything on the headstock? Something like 'Performer' or 'Professional' or something?
Quote by TheSennaj
^ If it has just 2 humbuckers, I'm not sure if it's an SL3, cause I recall them to have HSS config. I actually tried one and wondered if I should buy it or not.
The pickup might have been added later on since you said it's used.

To tell you any sort of value, what brand is the tremolo and does it read made in Japan anywhere? You could also try going with the serial number, but I'm not too sure where that leads with Jackson guitars and how easy it is. With my ex-axe Ibanez RG505 it was fairly easy.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Last edited by Sakke at Apr 7, 2013,
it would be a Dinky.... Jackson only put Sustainiacs (the fancy pickup) in Dinkys.... the model number would be a DK2S
^ that's what i was thinking, but we'd really need a pic or two to be sure.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Lesepi
it would be a Dinky.... Jackson only put Sustainiacs (the fancy pickup) in Dinkys.... the model number would be a DK2S

Dimebag used a Sustainiac?
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Dimebag never used a Jackson.

Salesman is full of shit.

Is it neck through? Bolt on?

Ebony fretboard? Maple? Rosewood?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.