Hey guys.

So my brother just broke the last of my strings on my guitar (of course he has to ruin everything for me. It's the only thing i do all day)

Anyway, i had some Martin strings on before, which i found ok, but I didn't quite dig the tone of them. They didnt seem to ring right..

I know it is about string size and all, but which brand of strings are the highest quality.

I am looking for some bright (noooot TOO bright.. Thats important. just a tiny bit brighter than normal)

And i really need some great strings..

It is steel strings for an Ibanez Acoustic guitar (donno the brand but i guess that doesnt matter)

The info on the strings i had before:

Martin Lifespan (SP) acoustic guitar strings

These are the numbers on the pack. Dont quite know what to make of those

80/20 Bronze

____

And it says MSP6000 which i believe is how you can find the strings by the model number or something like that

And it says Extra light. Don't know if im just used to string that aren't very thick but it i always thought the thickness on the strings were great. Just the tone that was a little off. Hope you can help me guys!!!

Yours truly

Marc
Last edited by MarcFlink at Apr 7, 2013,
Seriously, don't write if you don't want to help. I play around 4-5 hours a day and it is the only thing i like doing in my life right now. Thats why im shouting, and thats why im dramatic. It's a great deal to me and I have to order them online since there are no shops anywhere near me. It means it will take around 3-4 days to get new ones and i would like to get them asap? good enough for you? Please don't try to be funny. I think this is very annoying.
I agree with you, Martin strings suck, they just sound dull from the get go.

I'm using 85 15 D'Addario strings at the minute. Light gauge .011-.052 I find them to be bright and sweet sounding for a cheap price

P.S A quick Google would have provided you with lots of good info, don't be lazy and fill the home page with OTT threads.

This is funny. sounds like me and my brother 20yrs ago, but we didn't whine about it

OT I use EB Earthwood medium-light they work great. Since you play alot check out the coated strings they last longer.
Everyone likes different things what I like you may hate and vice versa. Buy a couple diff brands/type packs and pick your favorite.

AND THERE IS NOTHING URGENT ABOUT THIS THREAD
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Apr 7, 2013,
It doesnt really matter what brand, they all have ups and downs and sometimes they contain duds that sound dead out of the box or snap prematurely. Its a matter of taste. D'Addario, Dunlop, Ernie Ball, all great strings and all used by different players. And I use all 3 myself, depending on the mood. Its not rocket science. Only strings you propably should avoid are cheapies like Harley Bentons but even those some people have found usable.

If you are hellbent on finding some botique stuff try Elixir strings. Apparently they last really long time but I havent tested them myself. Way too expensive. No idea if they make acoustic strings however.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Last edited by MaaZeus at Apr 7, 2013,
Quote by Robbgnarly

AND THERE IS NOTHING URGENT ABOUT THIS THREAD

This is why we're laughing at you, OP.
For future reference, now you know to stock up on strings before you run out.
Thank you to anyone with a serious answer.

Quote by Macabre_Turtle
This is why we're laughing at you, OP.
For future reference, now you know to stock up on strings before you run out.

As for you lot, you can just sod off.

I come here asking for serious advice, for what i consider a serious issue as i would rather not end up spending money i dont really have alot of on junk

I love playing my guitar, and now i cannot do that.

And not everyone can afford to go out and buy 10 packs of strings.

Again, thanks to the ones who actually wanted to help.
Drama queen much?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Why is it so great to make fun of someone who actually believes he has a problem that needs solving. Can't you just NOT post if you think im so ridiculus?

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
If you live in the USA, Musiciansfriend has their brand (musicians gear) acoustic strings for $3 a pack. I have bought a few sets of these, and for $3 they are not that bad

www.guitarfetish.com has some diecent strings for cheap aswell (I think they are made by Dunlop, but I'm not sure)
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by MarcFlink
Why is it so great to make fun of someone who actually believes he has a problem that needs solving. Can't you just NOT post if you think im so ridiculus?

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Stop crying wolf then. You scream that it's urgent when it isn't at all. Next time I see you cry URGENT I'll probably ignore you.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Highest quality is really subjective, its all about personal preference. Just buy two or three various brands/sets and try them out. If you had purchased more than one set of strings at a time you wouldn't have had to make this ridiculous thread. Grow some balls. If the worse thing you have to worry about in your life is that you don't have any guitar strings, then you must be spoon fed and live in a bubble.

You should order some of these...

http://www.zacharyguitars.com/Strings.htm
Last edited by Sputnik1 at Apr 7, 2013,
Quote by Sputnik1
Highest quality is really subjective, its all about personal preference. Just buy two or three various brands/sets and try them out. If you had purchased more than one set of strings at a time you wouldn't have had to make this ridiculous thread. Grow some balls. If the worse thing you have to worry about in your life is that you don't have any guitar strings, then you must be spoon fed and live in a bubble.

You should order some of these...

http://www.zacharyguitars.com/Strings.htm

Yeah that guy is a bigger ass than Ed Roman was
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by MarcFlink
Thank you to anyone with a serious answer.

As for you lot, you can just sod off.

I come here asking for serious advice, for what i consider a serious issue as i would rather not end up spending money i dont really have alot of on junk

I love playing my guitar, and now i cannot do that.

And not everyone can afford to go out and buy 10 packs of strings.

Again, thanks to the ones who actually wanted to help.

You remember that time that I pointed out how overly dramatic you are?