Page 1 of 2
So I got the idea for this thread because tonight I'm going to be seeing (Maine comedian) Bob Marley. He's doing a show at my high-school. I'm wondering, how many other people here in The Pit have seen a stand-up comedian perform live? It's so much better than just watching them on TV or on Youtube (IMO). If anyone has, who did you see?

Late last year I saw Gabriel Iglesias on his Stand-Up Revolution tour, he had like five guys open up for him. All of them were great and I even got to hang out with a couple of them for a few minutes after the show (Not Gabriel though *sadface*). Gabriel did an hour of all new material (New Comedy Central special soon then I hope?) and then took almost another hour and retold some of his classic bits.

Tonight I'm going to see "New England's King of Comedy" Bob Marley! A couple years ago, Bob broke the Guinness World Record for the longest stand-up comedy performance. Bob was onstage for an amazing 40 hours (the record was 38), and didn't repeat a single joke for 18 of those hours. He's been on TV (recently in a Subway commercial), and acted in both of the Boondock Saints films (as Detective Greenly). I'm super excited
Always wanted to but no one ever comes within an hour of me and there's only a few I'd be willing to travel longer than that to see.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
Always wanted to but no one ever comes within an hour of me and there's only a few I'd be willing to travel longer than that to see.

Where Marley is gonna be tonight is about an hour away from me, but I go to school there everyday so I've gotten used to the ride haha. Went about two hours away to see Gabriel though...So worth it lol
I saw Bo Burnham earlier this year at a warm up show before a tour, was pretty great. The acoustics were ****ing awful, but he was solid.
I saw Louis C.K. last year (amazing) and Demitri Martin the year before (amazing).

Both for free
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
I saw Charlie Murphy, he wasn't bad but not really amazing either, this guy called Freeze Love who opened up for him was funnier.

Quote by AeroRocker
I saw Louis C.K. last year (amazing) and Demitri Martin the year before (amazing).

Both for free

God you're lucky, they are both amazing. My two favorite comics are Louis C.K. and Bill Burr, those redheads sure can tell a joke.
I see comedy semi-regularly. We don't get a lot of people I love here though.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I saw Russell Peters on his last tour. It was pretty awesome but I was blasted out of my mind
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I've seen Mark Watson, Mitch Benn, Carey Marks, Ross Noble and a few others.
________ A
________C
________E
________!
Saw Peter Kay the other year, surprisingly better than any of his DVD's

Going to see Reginald D Hunter in June, stoked for that!
Guitars
Sterling by MusicMan JP100D
Ibanez STM1
Epiphone 1967 Flying V (Ltd Edition)
Schecter Omen-8 (2012)
Amps
Randall Diavlo/RD100
Harley Benton 2x12 (V30s)
Marshall JCM2000/DSL401
Links
Soundcloud
Facebook
YouTube 1
YouTube 2
I've never been to a live one but I assume it would be better because of the whole atmosphere and all.
Quote by LostLegion
I've never been to a live one but I assume it would be better because of the whole atmosphere and all.

You laugh more cuz everybody else is laughing too. Like seeing a comedy in the movie theater vs seeing it on your own
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
seen bill cosby twice
I just want to know that I did all I could with what I was given.
erm I've seen Reginald D Hunter, Tim Vine (incredible), Lee Mack, Marcus Brigstocke, Milton Jones (genius), Mark Watson, Jason Manford, Michael McIntyre, Stewart Lee (completely unbeatable - best crafted stand up ever), Rich Hall, and lots of good small acts in variety things, probs a few other big names too. Comedy and stand up is one of my favourite things.

I love the unpredictability of it, espesh in small, intimate/drunken shows.
There's only a few I'd want to see at all. Stewart Lee, Louis and then Tim Vine are the only ones that spring to mind.
Only comedy shows I've been to are seeing Mr Lahey and Randy at a bar in my town (****ing hilarious), and seeing Ricky, Julian, and Bubbles in a big theater (also hilarious). I'm a HUGE fan of Trailer Park Boys, though.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

Never been, but there are a few I would like to see

C.K., Tosh, Oswalt, and Aziz among a few others
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Louis CK twice, Gabriel Iglesias and Dimitri Martin. All four were great shows. I really should go see more comedians live. I wish there was a local place around I could see amateur stuff.
I saw Kevin Hart at The Palace in Auburn Hills, Michigan. Everything else has been at comedy clubs here in NYC. Kevin Hart was good but to be honest it wasn't his best set IMO, the comedians that opened for him were f-ing funny as hell though. One guy had me laughing so hard I got the hiccups lol. I find it to be a very fun experience, but be warned if you go to see a comedian who likes pointing stuff out from the crowd and you don't like being singled out, don't sit in the front rows.
Gibson LP Studio
Taylor 518E
Washburn WD15SCE acoustic electric
Carvin DC727 (ordered! The wait is driving me nuts!)
Quote by JustRooster
Louis CK twice, Gabriel Iglesias and Dimitri Martin. All four were great shows. I really should go see more comedians live. I wish there was a local place around I could see amateur stuff.

Louis' new special "Oh My God" airs on HBO the 13th of this month!
Gibson LP Studio
Taylor 518E
Quote by LightxGrenade
Louis' new special "Oh My God" airs on HBO the 13th of this month!
I already saw it
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by element4433
I already saw it

How? Is there a place I can buy it online?
Gibson LP Studio
Taylor 518E
Quote by LightxGrenade

"Buy" he says. Heh.
Quote by element4433
I see comedy semi-regularly. We don't get a lot of people I love here though.

I find that comedians often die before they get to Edmonton. Although, I'm going to see Joe DeRosa in May. It was him or Fat Bob Kelly, but I don't have any predisposition towards either, I figure Bob Kelly is going to be touring a lot more than DeRosa, so I'll catch him next time he runs through Edmonton.

Quote by naedauuf
Only comedy shows I've been to are seeing Mr Lahey and Randy at a bar in my town (****ing hilarious), and seeing Ricky, Julian, and Bubbles in a big theater (also hilarious). I'm a HUGE fan of Trailer Park Boys, though.

I've seen Lahey and Randy come through town as well, great energy. It was me and two other friends sitting at the bar and Randy walked by, and he simply says "How's it going boys" and we all nearly shit, I mean, small town in the middle of nowhere, first brush with Canadian television legends.

They ended up smoking pot and doing straight Tequila shots on stage. Good night, great show.
Quote by LightxGrenade
I saw him live. It's the same set.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Ross Noble (in a tiny room he's amazing because he's so interactive), Richard Herring (very good, considering he was jetlagged after coming back from holiday), Stewart Lee (2nd best behind Ross Noble but it also got filmed for a DVD), Dylan Moran (also a DVD recording) and Bill Bailey. Also seen Miles Jupp before he did Balamorie and Lloyd Langford on a night when the headline act bombed about halfway through.

Really want to see Dara O'Briain, Milton Jones and maybe Josh Widdiecombe.
OUT OF ORDER
I see a few small time comedians here and there but I haven't seen many big names. I've seen Joe Rogan Twice and Ari Shaffir (The Amazing Racist) three times. Yeah I think that's it.
I've been to a couple, but I don't go to many as I find them ridiculously priced usually compared to music gigs.

Stephen Merchant's last tour cost £25+ a ticket. Not a massive name in comedy, just Stephen Merchant. £25.

I just find it bizarre that performers who have such lower overheads and less members to split the proceeds between charge so much more than bands.
Quote by JustRooster
"Buy" he says. Heh.

I mean I got HBO so I'm gunna see it anyway lol I'm just a fan and he sometimes sells his standup on his site for like 5 bucks a video.
Gibson LP Studio
Taylor 518E
Seen Ross Noble three times and I think he got funnier every time. Was going to see Stephen Merchant but tickets were already sold out before I knew he was going on tour.
i went to a comedy show on friday with a couple of friends

it was sold out so we just derped around and smoked weed instead
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Only person I've seen is Henry Rollins, which was kind of comedy, kind of intelligent discussion, kind of random story-telling. But it was the best three hours of my life.
Page 1 of 2