Ok, first off I am in the car so I can't really search the forum for info. 2nd don't yell at me for typing while driving! Lol (I'm using the voice giggety)

I'm heading to guitar center to grab some stuff. I want some suggestions for a good OD pedal. I play Classic rock up to 80's, 90's, and some more modern metal. Nothing really extreme though. More of a Dan Donegan type sound.

Btw, thanks to anyone that gave me amp and guitar suggestions a couple weeks ago. I went with a Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister18 and so far I love it! Even sounds good with my crappy guitar. Can't wait to get my new one. I think I'm going with an LTD EC1000T CTM

Thanks guys
Digitech Bad Monkey
Hardwire CM-2
Ibanez TS-9/808
BBE Green Screamer
Way Huge Green rhino
I would think you'd only need to use it as a boost since the TM-18 has quite a bit of gain on tap
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
It does have a good bit of gain Robb. In a youtube video and also in the store before I bought it, the guy hooked up a n MXR pedal and it sounded really nice. I'm by no means an expert so I don't quite know how to describe it. Just sounded different. What I don't have is a ton of experience or skill, but I make up for it with money! Lol I like buying stuff. Are you saying I should get a boost pedal instead? Or are they the same thing?
You can use an OD as a boost by having the gain set low and the volume on the pedal maxed (or very high). The Tone control (if you buy a pedal with a tone pot) can be set anywhere you want. So yes, you can have an OD and a boost in the same pedal.
I use a Bad Monkey and a GFS Greenie (very similar to the Ibanez TS-9). I set the level to max, the gain to 0 and tone to what you like. this is boosting your guitar signal and adds compression and more gain. It is not a huge change in tone, but it is a nice one.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I'm not sure if this would classify as an OD pedal, but the TC electronics Spark pedal works great for me. It has many different settings as well as a bass and treble EQ~ish.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
How about a Mojo Hand FX Rook?

Also, if you happen to spot a NOC3 Pure Drive used, that's a very nice OD pedal too!
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
No love for the Fulltone Fulldrive II? In my opinion, that is the OD pedal to have.