I love bands like the smiths, the arctic monkeys, the libertines etc. i am currently playing through a fender mustang iii and a fender baja telecaster. I want to find a guitar that can give me the 'indie' tone.(basically johnny marrs) i have about £600 to spend. Can anyone recommend any guitars? Thanks in advance.
Every guitar is an indie guitar through a Vox AC30.

Otherwise, G&L Tribute ASAT Special. It's a poor man's Jazzmaster.
Johnny Marr? You want a Jaguar, my friend. Go with a CP and enjoy hotter pickups and the adjusto matic bridge.

Or, get a Squier VM Jag and an AC15 and conquer the indie tones.
OffsetOffset
Last edited by SteveHOC at Apr 7, 2013,
Telecasters are used by everyone.

I think you've already got the guitar. If you really want to be specific then yea, get the Jaguar, I'd recommend the Classic Player Jaguar, but really you can get pretty close with the guitar you have. You just need a better amp. I'd spend the whole chunk on an amp if I were you. You can get a Supersonic, Bassman RI used, Vox AC30 used etc.

(Invalid img)
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Last edited by Mephaphil at Apr 7, 2013,
Ah, didn't see the Baja Tele in your OP. Yeah, your guitar is more than fine, bud. I'd hate to sound cliche, but what you really need is a new amp. I'd suggest a Vox AC style amp.
Thanks, the only problem with going used is im from Derry in ireland and there is only one music shop and they have minimal new amps never mind used
Quote by JustRooster
Every guitar is an indie guitar through a Vox AC30.

Otherwise, G&L Tribute ASAT Special. It's a poor man's Jazzmaster.

I was going to suggest the Jazzmaster myself. Or a Jaguar.
Quote by nmcintyre2
Thanks, the only problem with going used is im from Derry in ireland and there is only one music shop and they have minimal new amps never mind used

Buy online.
Yup, the Tele is near perfect for Indie. I find that Orange, Vox and even Fender tube amps can give the tones you're looking for.
You already made this thread on the other board.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.