my band the the wretched abyss just realeased a new song into the wild today, id love some feedback, c4c! were deathmetal or something like that idk lol.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Wretched-Abyss/125053400943068?id=125053400943068&sk=app_178091127385
-Peavey 6505+
-Bugera 333xl(w/6l6 pt's) -dead
-412 X-pattern loaded w/ WGS veteran30s & HM75s
-Gibson Les Paul, SD Blackouts *being worked on back to stock*
-Jackson DR7, EMGs
-LTD MH417
-Peavey Vyper 75w
Pretty nice. Good riffs and vocals.

Production-wise, there still some work to be done. There's certainly nice old-school vibe going on with drums. The kick drum is almost inaudible though. Still, it's nice to hear some quite natural and raw drum sounds.

Vocals are a bit shrill at the times, a bit compression and taming down the high-end spectrum could do some good.

The guitar-sound is the biggest problem. It's quite muddy and bouncy, making it sound a bit sloppy. Try turning down the bass a bit and adding a bit presence. There's plenty low-end coming from the bass already.
Quote by Keskimaki
Pretty nice. Good riffs and vocals.

Production-wise, there still some work to be done. There's certainly nice old-school vibe going on with drums. The kick drum is almost inaudible though. Still, it's nice to hear some quite natural and raw drum sounds.

Vocals are a bit shrill at the times, a bit compression and taming down the high-end spectrum could do some good.

The guitar-sound is the biggest problem. It's quite muddy and bouncy, making it sound a bit sloppy. Try turning down the bass a bit and adding a bit presence. There's plenty low-end coming from the bass already.

thanks man, i knew there was something about it that needed to be tweaked but i couldnt put my finger on it. im hoping these suggestions will make a big change. i had a shure sm57 on the kick tho, i don't know why it's not cutting through, the sm57 is the nicest mic i have. Any suggestions for that? what did you think of the sweep at the end?
lol and on a side note all i did for the bass was use a octave dropper in reaper and make it with my guitar lolol dont tell anyone.
-Peavey 6505+
-Jackson DR7, EMGs
-LTD MH417
-Peavey Vyper 75w
Last edited by OurRequiem at Apr 8, 2013,
Sounds pretty good, man. Nice heavy sound. I agree with what the last guy said though, the production needs some work. Is this your first attempt at recording? And did you do the mixing yourself?
Its not my first recording haha but id say its the first time I've ever mic ed a drum kit and guitars seperately and vocals too. otherwise I've just used a pod and a drum machine. And yes I am new to the mixing game the unedited verison sounds a lot rougher.
-Peavey 6505+
-Jackson DR7, EMGs
-LTD MH417
-Peavey Vyper 75w