Hey guys, I just got a new peavey 6505+ and was wondering if I could get away with using some of the effects from my me70. At least until I get a tube screamer, eq, compressor ect.
"Could everyone please stop sounding like everyone else that's trying to sound like meshuggah?"

-Emil Werstler

Quote by damian_91
Kurt Cobain, the best guitarist to ever live.

Quote by Lavatain
Why not try it?

True.. I guess I was more so wondering if anybody had compared them personally and how it stacks up to the actual pedals. Sorry if it's a dumb question, I'maway from home at the mmoment and just had that thought.
"Could everyone please stop sounding like everyone else that's trying to sound like meshuggah?"

-Emil Werstler

Quote by damian_91
Kurt Cobain, the best guitarist to ever live.

I'm sure you could. I don't have experience with the boss ME units, but my RP1000 has replaced my effects for the most part. The tubescreamer model is so close that I can get away using the modeled tubescreamer for a boost. I don't use compression so I can't really comment on that. I still prefer my 10 band EQ over the RP1000 EQ and the noise gate isn't that great, so I still use a pedal for that.

Granted I only have experience with the RP1000 so your experience with the boss may be a bit different, but give it a try.

Jackson RR3 Rhoads and DK2M Dinky
Peavey 6505+ w/ Avatar 212 cab
Ibanez TS9, ISP Decimator, MXR 10 Band EQ
-Digitech RP1000
It certainly will get you by I would think.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo