Hey all,

I'm looking for some ideas, hope you all can help me.

On Saturday, I'm going to be meeting one-on-one with a pretty well-known musician (within the genre, at least). I'd like to bring him a unique gift of some sort as a thank-you for meeting me and to show my appreciation for their music. Anyone have any really cool ideas?

I was at a different show in September and the artist thanked a fan on-stage at the end of the set for bringing the band a really cool cake beforehand (never found out what was cool about it). That's what kind of gave me the idea. I have an idea or two, but nothing that will really elicit a "wow that's awesome" kind of response.

I expect all the standard Pit nonsense, of course, but if anyone has a genuine suggestion, or has done something like this before, it would be much appreciated.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Who's the lucky lady?

Seriously, an idea of who it is would help.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 71-73
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 1-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 10-5
Quote by CaptainCanti
A golden dildo.

You know, it's funny, when I predicted what the first response was going to be, I thought "dildo". I can't prove it now, so you'll just have to believe me. Great minds, eh?

Quote by necrosis1193
Who's the lucky lady?

Seriously, an idea of who it is would help.

Yeah, you're right. I was hesitant to name names because I didn't want it to turn into an artist or music opinion/discussion thread, but it would probably help.

It's Bjorn Strid from Soilwork.

Quote by chookiecookie
Drugs and alcohol.

This isn't the 90's.

Seriously, though, a nice alcohol would be a neat gift, but it's nothing special. You'd bring a bottle of booze to your wife's friend's dinner party even though you hate the bitch. Besides, I know next to nothing about booze. And no drugs.

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

>¦<
¦
Quote by Spoony_Bard
You know, it's funny, when I predicted what the first response was going to be, I thought "dildo". I can't prove it now, so you'll just have to believe me. Great minds, eh?

Yeah, but I bet you didn't think it'd be a golden dildo.
¯\_()_/¯
A folded dildo molded from your junk. They sell kits for that.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by Spoony_Bard

Seriously, though, a nice alcohol would be a neat gift, but it's nothing special. You'd bring a bottle of booze to your wife's friend's dinner party even though you hate the bitch. Besides, I know next to nothing about booze. And no drugs.

Bottle of Johnny Walker blue. You'd definitely get a thank you.
ayy lmao
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Yeah, you're right. I was hesitant to name names because I didn't want it to turn into an artist or music opinion/discussion thread, but it would probably help.

Unfortunately I know nothing about him so I cannot be of any help. Does he have a biography on a band website or something? What kind of stuff does he like?

Quote by Spoony_Bard

YEAH SOILWORK

i can't help but i just wanted to say YEAH SOILWORK
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by chookiecookie
Bottle of Johnny Walker blue. You'd definitely get a thank you.

Hmmm, I'll write this down. Probably won't get booze though.

Quote by necrosis1193
Unfortunately I know nothing about him so I cannot be of any help. Does he have a biography on a band website or something? What kind of stuff does he like?

No worries. No bio on their website. I know he likes hockey.

Quote by Primus2112
YEAH SOILWORK

i can't help but i just wanted to say YEAH SOILWORK

\m/

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

>¦<
¦
Last edited by Spoony_Bard at Apr 8, 2013,
What a subtle ego thread. The amount of mental effort it took to deduce your motive caused me a splitting migraine.
Quote by Spoony_Bard
No worries. No bio on their website. I know he likes hockey.

Maybe a hat or a T-shirt or something with his team's logo on it? Even better if you can get it with his favorite player's name and/or number on it if you can figure that out too.

I have nothing to add except say that a girl gave the lead singer/guitarist of my favourite band a bottle of johnny walker after a show and he seemed pleased with it, it's nice because it's a good present without being a creepy I KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU, THIS IS COMPLETELY TAILORED TO YOU BASED ON MY RUMMAGING THROUGH YOUR GARBAGE EVERY WEEK FOR A YEAR style gift.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
If God didn't want people to be gay why did he put a G spot in our asses?
Quote by captainsnazz
Nice one. Why are you meeting him?

No idea what you can get him though.

The whole band is really great about meeting fans. He's doing vocal coaching, Dirk is doing drum lessons with someone, and the whole band is doing a meet and greet at each show.

I'd like to get something for the whole band if I could, such as aforementioned cake, but I'm pretty creatively bankrupt. I'm leaning away from food because if I were them, I'm not sure I'd accept food from a random dude.

Quote by strait jacket
I have nothing to add except say that a girl gave the lead singer/guitarist of my favourite band a bottle of johnny walker after a show and he seemed pleased with it, it's nice because it's a good present without being a creepy I KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU, THIS IS COMPLETELY TAILORED TO YOU BASED ON MY RUMMAGING THROUGH YOUR GARBAGE EVERY WEEK FOR A YEAR style gift.

Haha! Yeah, my thoughts exactly.

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

>¦<
¦
Last edited by Spoony_Bard at Apr 8, 2013,
Quote by Spoony_Bard
I'd like to get something for the whole band if I could, such as aforementioned cake, but I'm pretty creatively bankrupt. I'm leaning away from food because if I were them, I'm not sure I'd accept food from a random dude.

Yeah, I can only imagine that they'd be a bit leery of that. Which sucks because I know that if I was a famous band person I'd be stoked as **** if at a meet and greet someone was like "Dude here I baked you and the guys a cake."

That'd be awesome.

As for the actual gift ideas, I don't know what to really suggest. The bottle of whiskey or bourbon is always a good idea, but then you run into the people that don't like it.

Getting him his team's hockey jersey would be pretty cool.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
You can give him a gushing review from me as the latest album is ****ing fantastic.
Get him the Finnish national hockey teams official scarf. Then get a textmarker and write 6-1, 2011 at it. This might get you in trouble if you ever plan on meeting him again though.
Quote by Anthropocentric
Your balls. You lost the right to them. Hand them over.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
What kind of person needs to have a Flying V shoved up their vagina?

Join The 7-String Legion! Now!
Giving a gift to your favorite musician? That's really lame.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
give him naked pics of yourself. it is home made and from the heart, so therefore, it is special.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.